Chapter 11 - The Last Chimera

Harley's POV

I had a long talk with my brothers. I told them everything that had happened since we got here, from Senior Scribe all the way up to what happened tonight with Theo.

"This is too dangerous for you, you can't be hanging around with monsters. Let us take care of it from here, I want you to avoid all of them like the plague."

"Dean, I can't. I've gotten attached to most of them, they are part of my family now. Let me take care of this, my own personal hunt. You know I can take care of myself, this isn't my first solo hunt. It's practice for when I'm left on my own someday, please." I paused for a minute just staring down at the table. Finally I said what I was really thinking.

"God, guys how did this happen to me? Why am I the one random person that hell turned soft? How come millions of people became demons and tortured others, but it turned me, from a heartless person that could kill monsters without a second thought, soft?"

"Listen to me kid, you were not a heartless. You were traumatized and misguided and rebellious, because of our father." Sam tried to reassure me.

"You are not soft and you are not a heartless. You are a fighter, somewhere in between. If you truly believe these guys are good then we'll trust you to handle this for now. But quit beating yourself up all the god damn time. You're not a bad person for the ways you tried to kill your sadness. You're just human, and being human means you need to survive and you do so whichever way you deem fit, fuck everyone else." Dean tells me.

After many hours of discussing and talking I convinced my brothers to let me do what needs to be done, from now own this is a solo hunt, I'll decide who needs to be taken care of. They're my friends but I know I can't hesitate if they cause another human death.

I went up to my room to try and get some sleep which won't happen. I get a call after a few minutes of laying silently in the dark.

"Hello?"

"Hey Harley, its Scott. Listen I need you to get to my house as quick as possible something is wrong with Lydia."

"I'm on my way stay on the line tell me what's going on."

I rush down stairs, "I'm leaving, emergency, text you details later!" I run out the door and into my truck. I turn the ignition. The whole way there Scott lets me know what's been going on and keeps me updated about Lydia. I slam my door shut when I reach his house.

I run inside to see both Parrish and Scott standing with Lydia behind them. I begin to examine her because I have the most medical knowledge, "She's hypothermic we need to get her to the hospital now."

We get Lydia in my truck, Parrish with her in the back, Scott up front with me, "Hold on, I'll get us there in five minutes."

Parrish hurriedly carries her into the hospital and begins shouting for help, "Do you need me?" I ask once the doctors start coming.

"No, go with Scott I got her."

Scott and I rush to the elevator and get in. I look over at him after the doors close, "Cover your chest, you're bleeding through considerably." Scott looks down and tries to pull his jacket over it.

The doors open and we walk out into the hallway. I see Stiles talking to doctors on the other side of a door and the Sheriffs room to the right. 'Why am I the only one that didn't get hurt in all of this?'

Stiles burst through the door and before I know it, grabs Scott slams him against the wall and throws him on the ground. My instincts kick in right away, I walk over calmly grab Stiles by the hair and force him back into the doctors and Melissa who hold him back. I turn around and get Scott up off the ground.