Chapter 12-Damnatio Memoriae

Harley's POV

"Harley, are you even paying attention?"

"What?"

"Guess that's my answer."

I was with Scott and Parrish at the sight of an attack last night. I think I'm only here because Scott didn't want to be alone and he has no one else. 'Boy I love being the last choice. Note the sarcasm.'

"This is from the relay station security camera." Parrish tells us as he hands Scott his phone with a video ready to be played. I look over Scott's bicep and see a ginormous, black, smokey lookin, monster run out of the entrance going crazy fast.

"That looked big." Scott says with huge eyes.

"And too fast for anyone to get a good look at it."

"You already know what it is don't you?" Parrish asks us.

"The last chimera."

Parrish leads us into the crime scene. When we walk in I notice blood all over the place and wires torn and crackling above our heads. Scott bends down next to a big pile of blood and I examine it with him.

"Do you still have that blacklight?" I wonder. Without words Parrish reaches to grab it, turns it on, and then hands it to me. I shine it down on the blood.

"Mercury means chimera." Scott says. I turn off the light and give it back to Parrish.

"What was it doing here? Why come here and kill some random communications tech?"

"Maybe it just likes to kill, maybe that's what it does."

"That's terrifying."

"Hey Parrish," He looks at me.

"Yeah?"

"How many bodies do you actually see when you dream about the Nemeton?"

He stays quiet for a moment, like he's hesitating, "Everyone."

-Time Skip-

The next day I realized that I had forgotten my homework at school and Mr. Figgins already hates me for my sarcasm so I went to school to get it. It being near empty in the school I could here Liam talking to Mason a few hallways away so I decided to see what they were doing.

"I'm telling you I go out to the club looking for Hayden and there's Josh standing there completely alive just like Hayden because of Theo." I can here Liam talking before he rounds the corner to see me. The boys both snap their heads up to look at me with guilty faces.

"What are you doing here?" Liam asks timidly.

"I was getting some homework, back to what you were saying. So Theo brought them both back, that's what he's doing, he's building a pack."

"His own pack of dead chimera's." Mason chips in.

"They looked pretty alive to me. They're not the same, something about Hayden. There's something wrong about her."

"Maybe that's what dying does to you. What if it like darkens your soul, what if they're all evil now?"

"Well I died and I came back a much better person than when I was alive beforehand." I point out.

"Then maybe it's the way Theo brought them back."

The door suddenly opens and we all snap our heads up to see Corey walking in, "Hey guys, are you volunteering for the Library clean up too?'

I look to Mason and Liam on each side of me to see them a sweaty, stuttering mess. "Yeah of course we are." I smile at Corey then glare at the other to.