Sixteen - A Married Man

Lying. I seem to be doing that a lot over the past twenty seven years.

I hear planes take off around me and people walking by with suitcases in there hands or another small hand of their child. I wonder if I never left Derry if I would have children by now, would my life be different?

I'm starring at the blank screen on my phone, the small icon saying tweet pestering me to try and figure out what to tell my followers about why I'm not at the meet and greet.

SummerHanscom:
I'm extremely sorry to announce that I have to reschedule the meet and greet that was planned for this morning. I have some family problems at home so I won't be in Los Angeles for a while. I'm truly sorry again. - S

Lying. Why do I constantly lie. Family problems? I mean, they were like family to me but Mike didn't say that anyone else was going to be there, let alone why I need to come back. Friendly gathering? I mean it has been twenty seven years since I've seen some people. Is the losers club reuniting? Will is see ben again? Is Eddie going to be there...

The thought of seeing eddies face for the first time in twenty years sends chills down my spin, could I face him again? Will he be mad and yell at me? I wouldn't blame him if he did. Would he have forgotten me? I mean, I have changed a lot in twenty years, I grown slightly taller, I'm definitely tanner then before, my curves have come in nicely, my hair is shorter then before. will he even recognise me?

My thoughts get interrupted by my flight to Derry, Maine getting called, just thinking about the town makes me feel ill.

I go through the gates towards my plane before I hop on and take my seat, before turning off my phone i look at the address mike sent me, apparently that's the place I'm meeting him at.

I close my phone, shoving my phone into my pocket as close my eyes and try to think of something other then the old town of Derry.

——————————

Walking towards the entrance way of the address mike sent me, which so happens to be a newly built Chinese restaurant, sent chills down my spine, the palms of my hands start to sweat but why? Why was I so nervous to see mike and whoever else will be there. My foggy emotions trapped in my head pound for answers that I don't have knowledge of knowing. All these memories want to pop up but for some reason they aren't connecting.

I take a quick breath before walking in, my head held high to try and act like I'm not a total nervous wreck, I go up to a lady and say that I have a booking under Hanlon, the lady points towards a table in the back before dismissing me.

I walk slowly towards the closed off table, towards the little entrance way that reveals the table. I stand in the middle of the gap, my eyes widening with the hurtful and joyful memories of the people standing before me.

"Summer?" A tall man with glasses exclaims, pulling me into a hug, Richie.

"Holy shit, holy shit" I exclaim, hugging back like I was thrown a surprise party.

"It's so nice to see you again!" A tall ginger haired girl beamed, and my mouth was wide open.

"Beverly, wow, you look incredible" I say complementing her as she smiled.

"Look at yourself, you literally look like a sex magnet" Richie blurted before getting hit by bill.. Bill!

"Holy Moly Bill, look at you, I've read your book!" I smiled, giving him a small hug.