TwentyFour - Braver Then You Think

Eddie and I reach the last steps of the old basement, looking around to notice that nothing has changed.

My heart drops at the sight of the Well, goosebumps form on my arms.

"A lot of memories here, all bad" Ben states, remembering back to the last time we were faced with the Well.

I nod my head slowly, walking towards the Well, flashing my flashlight down the dark abyss.

One by one we make our way down the Well, Ben helping me because of my hand. Before any of us could even comprehend or think about the situation, we were faced with greywater.

The water splashes under my feet, I squirm at the memory of Eddie explaining that greywater was just millions of gallons of Derry pee.

"Oh man, greywater" Eddie groans as he lands in the water, he gags, looking down at his clothes getting wet.

"More confirmation that nothing has changed" Richie mutters as he looks down at the water.

"Yeah, greywater is still fucking disgusting asshole" Eddie shoots back, causing me to chuckle to myself as we continuing walking on through the sewers.

"Mike, how will we know when we're there?" I question, feeling something squish under my shoes.

Mike turns his head, facing towards me.

"You'll know" he states, continuing to lead us with Bill by his side.

The water gets higher as we walk into the cistern, we looked at each other, immediately knowing we are in the right place.

"Shit this is it. This is where it happened" Ben confirms what mike has said as the memories flood back into us.

Mike was the first to jump into the cistern, holding his hand out for little cripple me.

I jump in and instantly cringe, feeling the cold water that has now reached my chest.

"Nope! Nope!" Eddie calls from behind, holding his hands up as something floats in front of him.

"Come on Eddie" I laugh, holding out my hand for him but he was to busy ranting to Richie a hundred and one reasons why he refuses to hop into the cistern.

A small splash of water startles me, with a strange laugh following after.

"Bev?" I say, turning around at the noise. Locking eyes with an equally frightened confused Beverly.

"Come on Beverly" I say, both trying to ignore what we heard.

"I thought I heard something" she replies as she walks beside me.

We started walking on behind mike as Ben and Bill were trying to convince Eddie to get into the water.

Beverly and I let out an ear-piercing scream as a naked old woman submerges from the water in front of us.

The other snap their heads towards the woman, Eddie quickly hops into the water, running towards us.

"Summer!" Eddie exclaimed but it was too late.

"Time to sink" It screams before diving back under the water, bringing Beverly and I down with It.

Deeper and deeper I got, the burning sensation in my throat got stronger and stronger. I began trying to wiggle my way out of It's grip and I could feel Beverly doing the same.

I lifted up my hand, desperate for someone to help me.

Suddenly i could feel two pair of hands lift me up, my eyes were closed as I reached the surface. I was gasping for air, holding onto my throat, feeling the burning pain fade away.