Seventeen - Chinese Fortune

"I propose a toast to the losers!" Beverly cheered, lifting up her glass.

We all followed her actions, our glasses meeting in the middle of the table.

"To the losers!" Beverly chanted.

"To the losers!" We all say in high spirits, our glasses clinking together before we sat back down in our seats.

Eddie and Richie grabbed each other's hand and began arm wrestling, we all intensively watched in amusement because it was obvious on who the winner would be.

"No! You cheated" Eddie exclaimed in frustration at his loss.

"Nice try Eddie" I laugh, seeing the sad and mad facial expression.

"Nice try? Okay, you try with me" Eddie challenged, holding his hand out for me to grab, the rest of the room cheered with another round of arm wrestling.

"Eddie, oh sweet sweet little Eddie. It's one thing being beaten by Richie, I really don't want to destroy your self esteem by beating you too" I pout my lips, causing the rest of the table to laugh on Eddies behave.

"We'll have to see about that" Eddie says, looking down at my lips to my eyes, the wind from my chest gone in an instant, making me more nervous then I thought I should be.

"Alright, you're on" I reply.

I grabbed his hand in mine, the first time we hand any physical contact in twenty years, the fire works and sparks hit me in an instant, the longing feeling for his touch that I've desired for so long.

I looked up to his face, I could only guess by the sudden change of face he felt something too, but was it the same as what I was feeling? The longing for my touch?

"Come on, I want to see a show! Come on now!" Richie exclaimed impatiently.

I look away from Eddies face, only causing me to want to look at him more.

"Right, you guys count down" I say, gripping my hand tighter before the match started.

"Three! Two! One! Go!" The table cheered, all eyes on us as we push our hands back and forth, our muscles pushing us harder to win.

"Summer, I've got to tell you something" Eddie says, both our eyes concentrated on the other persons hand, trying their hardest to slam it on the table first.

"And what is that?" I asked cockily, seeing his hand move closer and closer to the table, it was clear I was about to win.

"I've seen your artworks, the ones with the little boy" Eddie whispers for only my ears to hear, making my whole body go numb, instantly I felt my hand hit the table, cheers coming from Eddies mouth and gasps from the others.

Those artworks are special to me, I know I've plastered them around the world for people to see but the fact eddie has seen the ones I've made... about him, it's just to personal after what we've been through.

"Summer.... I thought you were better then this" Richie playfully jokes, crossing his arms in disbelief and disapproval on my loss.

"Wow I get no congratulations? I'm hurt" Eddies scoffs.

"It was clear Summer was going to win! You said something to her and then all of a sudden her hand was on the table. Did you offer her sex or something?" Richie asked causing the table to laugh besides Eddie and I, awkwardly moving in our seats.

"No! Richie, I asked her to lose on purpose so I could feel good for ten seconds" Eddie said smoothly. It's scary how good he is at lying, but I honestly don't know why he did lie.