Nineteen - The Clubhouse

Long chapter!
————————

"If we want this ritual to work.." Bill started.

"We have to remember." Mike added, making individual eye connect with the group, making sure we're all listening.

"Remember what exactly?" Richie challenges, looking around at all our confused expression, waiting for mikes answer.

"Follow me, it's better if I show you.... We don't have much time." Mike replies, walking out of the inn and down the street.

We all follow one by one after him, Bill being the first one to leave, with Eddie and I stumbling at back.

"Hey summer, can I ask you something?" Eddie whispers, loud enough for only my ears to hear.

"Yeah, what's up?" I ask, looking at the ground, feeling the fresh cool breeze against my cheeks.

"Did you mean what you said... like back there?" He asks, I automatically know what he's referencing to even if I don't want to admit it, so I tilt my head as if I was oblivious to what he's talking about.

"What do you mean?" I ask him, turning my gaze from the ground to the man walking next to me.

"About the uhm... leaving the love of your life" he mutters softly but I still heard him.

I sigh about thinking what to say next, as much as I miss Eddie and deeply want to be with him... I don't think I could stand a rejection, not tonight at least with everything that's happening.

"Yeah... but that's doesn't matter now, you're happily married and that's wonderful. Don't worry about me, I'm alright" I say, slightly picking up my pace of walking.

"Summer! I-" Eddie started but I cut him off instantly, I can't hear it. I know I told myself I just need to hear him tell me to grow up and move on but... I can't. If I heard those words come out of his mouth, they would destroy me more than before.

"Don't, I'm fine seriously. You're happy and that makes me happy. You've moved on and you didn't let what I did to you affect you... long term at least. The best thing for both of us right now is too just focus on this stupid ritual okay" I say, hugging my arms to protect myself from the cold wind.

"But Summer-"

"Come on guys! Hurry up!" Richie yelled from afar, I sigh in relief knowing that the conversation was over, for the time being at least.

Eddie and I sped up to the other's who started walking down a narrow trail of grass.

The sun started to rise, a soft pink colour filled the sky mixed with dark blues. The birds started singing as the trees danced to the melody, the wind swayed around us before heading under a tunnel.

Looking around I could tell we were passing the sewers, an unpleasant emotion filled my body reliving the trauma we all went through as tweens.

At the opening of the tunnel were a bunch of large tall trees, scaling high, circling around us like officers keeping watch.

"So we're in the middle of a forest... is this where you're going to kill us?" I sarcastically asked, earning a little chuckle from Richie.

Mike turned to look at me, without saying anything I knew he didn't find my sarcastic remark amusing.

"This is where we came, after the rock fight" Ben says with a small laugh, remember the victorious rock fight we won against Bowers and his buffoons. I wonder where those scumbags are now.

"The club house!" Richie mumbled.

And just like that the memory surfaced from the back of my mind. The clubhouse Ben made for us so we could hang out without anyone else intruding, mainly Bowers. The clubhouse was like our own little safe zone, where no one could bully us... we could be ourselves.