Chapter 2

"I'll take left, you take right." A boy in a traffic light costume said to someone in a bat Halloween costume. The batman grunted his agreement and left to take out the bank robbers on the right.

It didn't take long before they had taken out all of them. "We did it again bats." Said Robin waiting with his hand above him for a high five. Batman only grunted and gave him a deadpan.
They tied the robbers up and walked out of the building. The police could handle it further.

"Robin, I have a meeting with the justice league. You can go home." He grunted. Robin pouted but gave in any way.

"See you bats." Robin said before jumping into the shadows and disappearing. Batman sighed and got to one of the zeta-tubes and disappeared to the watch tower. When he came into the meeting room all the leaguers where already there. He was last, and that was a rarity of it's own.

"Okay, now I'm here, we can start." Batman began. He started up a screen and showed a diagram. "As you can see here-" he pointed to the diagram. "- These are our uses of the zeta-tubes. All our energy uses are low and regulated, but as you can see with the spike of energy here-" he pointed to a peak that was above all the other small spikes. "- there has been a portal that we don't know of." He started his explanation straight to the point.

The leaguers where confused by this. The government was working on a teleportation method but had no progress. Only aliens could possibly make those, and if that was true, they would have another invasion on their hands. "Until now, there has been nothing more worthy that could indicate an attack. But portals don't just pop into existence, whatever made it, could be dangerous." The dark man continued.

He showed them a map of metropolis and saw superman look up weird. "What does this have to do with my city?" He questioned. Batman nodded in acknowledgment of his question.

"The portal came to be 100 kilometres out of your city, since your the closest, I would like you to look deeper into it." He explained. "I'll sent the exact location, but keep in mind that it can be dangerous." He said. The alien nodded. After that was given, the meeting continued for an hour, they were aware that whatever came out of it could be long gone since it was a day ago, but nothing could be done about that.

The two space cops were pretty useful. They opted to look how many races could teleport. After they were done the bat went back home, like everyone else.
In the morning, red tornado would inform the young justice team of what they talked about. It could be dangerous and they had the right to know.

-oOoOo-

The half ghost was bored. He had finished hacking into the city's security network to help his boredom, but now he was just watching people walk by, a bank getting robbed (again), cars crashing or riding by, seeing the bat return from his watchtower meeting, people getting robbed, buses getting highjacked and last but not least, seeing other people trying and failing to get into the network. Only the birds and authorities could break in. Being the most criminal city did have its perks.

He grabbed another hand full of potato chips and crunched them in his mouth. Maybe he should try breaking into the watchtower? The bat was back anyways.

He shrugged and backtracked making sure to leave no trace of ever being in the city's network. He transformed into his ghost form and admired his well trained (and earned) muscles before leaving. He had dumped the hazmat suit for combat boots, utility belt for his legs and hip, black pants and jacked, leather gloves and small runic tattoo behind his left ear. The tattoo was from pandora, it enabled him to make portals without any mechanics.

He flew through the roof and went up at top speed for about twenty minutes before he had a good look at the entire earth and all the satellites, looking for that one big random building somewhere in this area.

It took him three flipping hours of searching to find!!!! Not that he could blame it, space was big, even the small portion earth resided in. Floating casually through the walls he observed the most advanced technological building of this world.

Why do they need a garden? O, well he had seen weirder things. He looked around him, everyone was gone, well, everyone except for Wonder Woman who was snoring away before the computer.
Danny flew down next to her and saw that she was typing all the possibilities she knew could help locate the teleporting problem... so they knew he wasn't from a normal transport, Okay.

He smirked and blew softly in the woman's neck. She snapped awake and turned around. "Who's there, reveal yourself." She was bent in a practiced battle stance and Danny couldn't help but admire the stance, little openings, balanced and easy to move to any position.

Danny laughed with his echoing voice a few meters away. "You have found my portal I see." He said in a retro villain way. Wonder Woman tensed at the voice. "But my dear, you won't find me." He said loudly and the last few words in a whisper close to her ear. She punched in the direction she thought he was, simply fasing through him and thinking she missed.

"How did you come here, who are you." She Asked, still in the battle stance Danny admired. He smirked and bent down behind her.

"How can you ask that while you're wide open," he flicked the back of her head. "And can't even probably defend yourself." He backed off when she punched followed with a kick. He floated above her now. "You think you're worthy of my name." She frowned and was getting restless, she couldn't place where the voice came from, when she thought she had him, she missed. What was this creature?

Danny was covering his mouth to stop himself from laughing. She looked like someone was chasing her with a burning iron rod.
So far the brave heroes. Oh, how he loved messing with people.

"Doesn't matter, you fools will never get me." He laughed like a crazed maniac (curtsies of technuss and fright knight) and watched her face go go ugly, thinking they had a new villain to fight. Maybe this would lift his boredom.

Amorpho would be so proud of how he teased the super heroes here. Pandora would be a little disproving but join in after five minutes of sulking, so all good. Poindexter would be disappointed, but he is always disappointed, even if you say someone's annoying. Amber and spectra passed on sadly (or luckily). They found something to live for and grew old, faded away a hundred years later.

"Bye, Wonder Woman." He said the last two words like a mocking salute. This had to rile them up. And now, he floated through the wall, he needed to cough, making his voice sound so heavy and evil was drying his throat like a desert. He floated to where he had seen a bathroom and took a few gulps of water, at least they wouldn't recognise his voice should he have other contact now.

He floated back to earth in a leisure measure, enjoying his past biggest dream; Space. When he came back, he went to sleep. That was at least an amusing night.