Chapter Six

Harrison crouched behind a sheet of rock as a large shimmering portal opened out of thin air and an oversized man with purple skin walked through. He moved slowly with heavy footsteps, a scowl written on his face. On his left hand was a gold gauntlet, spheres of colour encrusted into the knuckles. A growing collection of infinity stones.

The boy with curly brown hair activated his mask as he looked Thanos up and down, his eyebrows furrowed together in concentration. The eyes of his mask allowed him to zoom in closer on the titan's face and Harrison's hazel eyes widened as he recognized who he was. The boy tapped his wrists together before a silver aura surrounded his body and he ran up a hill of rock and spaceship debris to where Peter was acting as a lookout. He was laying on his stomach with his hands gripping the ledge of the hill, his mask pulled over his face with the eyes slanted into thin slits.

"Peter!" Harrison hissed as he reached the top of the hill and laid down beside the boy. "This is Thanos?" He asked, breathing heavily as he laid on his stomach and stared at the titan.

"The one and only." Peter replied.

"Peter, this is who destroyed my planet. I recognize him." Harrison declared and Peter quickly turned his head to look at him. The red mask disappeared, revealing a guilty looking boy with frowning lips and tightly knit eyebrows.

"I'm sorry, Harry." Peter spoke quietly, not knowing what else to say.

"It's okay, you didn't know. I didn't even know. I just saw him there the day...the day it happened." Harrison replied. He still remembered the day like it was yesterday. He was no longer sad about it, thanks to Peter helping him heal, but he still remembered the fires and the screaming. He remembered the blood dripping down his forehead and the dirt under his nails. He remembered being dragged away from his mother's dead body and falling through outer space with nothing but darkness surrounding him. He remembered a purple skinned man wearing gold armour and a cruel smile on his face as he watched an entire society go up in flames.

"Are you okay?" Peter asked, his eyes focused on his friend as Thanos moved around on the land beneath them.

"Yeah, I'm okay. I just really want to beat this guy."

"We will. For your mom." Peter said with a small smile as he gently nudged Harrison in the ribs.

"Thanks, Peter." Harrison said just as Doctor Strange took position in front of Thanos. He slammed his fist against the palm of his hand and two orange Mandala circles appear at his fists. "I think that's our cue." The curly haired boy pointed out just as Iron Man appeared in the sky, pushing a large piece of wreckage towards Thanos. The wreckage hit the ground-and Thanos-with a cloud of dust before it exploded into a thousand pieces by the power stone and a raging Thanos. The crumbles of wreckage turned into bats and chase Iron Man through the remaining ruins of the spacecraft.

"Alright, let's do this." Peter exhaled loudly before putting his mask back on. The boy jumped down from the hill and shot his webs at Thanos' face, temporarily blinding him before punching him in the face. Drax ran up behind Thanos and sliced at his tree trunk legs with a blade while Strange appeared out of a portal holding a long, golden sword. He swung at Thanos who caught the blade and disintegrated it into nothing.

Harrison runs down the hill, a silver aura still surrounding his suit. He runs as fast as he can and taps the circle on his suit, activating the powers Tony had added. Small jetpacks appear on his feet that launch him upwards and onto Thanos' back. The titan noticed the presence and aggressively shook his shoulders but Harrison grabbed tightly onto the collar of his shirt and hangs on, his feet dangling and trying to get a grip as Thanos shakes.

"Harry, the bolts!" Iron Man yells as he flies past, reminding Harrison of the electricity in his fingers. He taps the button on his palm with his middle finger while spurts of blue bolts shoot out of his index finger and pinkie finger. Harrison taps his wrists together to make himself visible before pushing his electrified fingers into Thanos' neck, causing him to yell out in sudden pain. The man reaches up with his gauntlet wielding arm and grabs Harrison by his arm, dangling the boy in front of his face like a toddler with a new stuffed toy.