Chapter Seven

"Mister Stark! I need some help over here." Peter called at the man who flew over to the boys and landed in a small cloud of dust in front of them.

"Harry, you don't look so good." Tony pointed out, noticing the sickly pale tone of the boy's skin.

"Thanks, Mister Stark." Harrison replied with a scoff as he glanced up at the man before turning his attention back to the ground in front of him, focusing every muscle in his legs on just moving forward.

Doctor Strange flew over to the man and the two boys with his red cloak flowing behind him. "What's going on here? I'm sorry, Harrison, I know you're not doing well but if we don't get back to our mission we will all end up hurt. Or dead." The man said, offering a look of sympathy at Harrison before glaring at Tony.

"Hey, easy there, Strange. He's just a kid. He's probably got a few broken ribs." Tony said in defence to Harrison but the boy was quick to speak up.

"No, he's right. You're all going to get hurt if you keep helping me. Go fight Thanos, I'll be fine." Harrison spoke as he glanced between Tony, Strange, and Peter.

"We need to get you out of the battle field first though." Peter stated with a small smile as he squeezed the boy's forearm that was draped over his shoulders.

"I'll be fine. Go." Harrison insisted he be left alone and the older men nodded in response. Doctor Strange and his cape flew over to Thanos with long streams of red energy flowing out of his fist. They wrapped around the gauntlet and outstretched Thanos' arm, slowly prying the golden fingers open.

"Are you sure you're okay?" Peter asked as Harrison removed his arm from around the shorter boy's shoulders.

"Yes, I will be fine." Harrison replied, resting both his hands on Peter's shoulders as the two boys now stood face to face. Harrison turned Peter around and gently pushed him forwards, getting flashed a look of disapproval from the boy as he started walking forwards.

Peter put his mask on and left in a run as he shot his webs at Thanos' chest, tangling the titan up in spider webs. Strange still had a grip on the gauntlet while Thanos' other arm was held down by an electric device that Quill had thrown at him. Tony grabbed at the gauntlet while Strange released his hold, opening a portal above Thanos' head. Mantis fell through and landed on the titan's shoulders with both of her hands resting on his temples.

Harrison breathed heavily from the sidelines as he slowly pulled his mask on over his head. Thanos' yells of protest filled the air as the Avengers tightened their grip on him from all angles. Tony held the gauntlet, Peter had eight spider legs extended out of his back to stabilize himself, Strange and Quill had two different types of energy holding Thanos' unarmed hand, while Mantis still had a firm grip of his temples.

The titan's eyes rolled back into his head in an orange and purple coloured glaze. Thanos was in a trance, unable to fight back as Tony, and now Peter, pulled at the gauntlet. Harrison tapped his wrists together and saw the familiar silver aura surround his body as he ran towards Tony and Peter, gaining a grip on the gauntlet.

"Harrison, no! We got this." Peter explained as he noticed the boy. Tony looked at the boy with his mask hiding the confused expression on his face, then looked to his left to see no one there.

"How come you can see him but I can't?" Tony asked as all three of them continued to pull on the gauntlet.

"I don't know, we never figured that out." Peter replied in a strained voice. Harrison let go of the gauntlet for a brief second before tapping his wrists together and watched as the silver aura faded away.

"Better?" He asked before grabbing hold of the gold metal again, the power stone brushing underneath his gloved fingertips.

"Yes, thank you." Tony answered with a small nod.