Chapter Ten

Harrison sat at the head of a rectangular wooden table with an untouched grilled cheese sandwich in front of him. Morgan Stark, a four year old girl with a striking resemblance to her father, sat on his left. Her feet occasionally hit his shin as she dangled them under the table. She had a blue Iron Man mask on her head, her sandwich also untouched.

Tony, Steve, Natasha, and the newcomer Scott Lang, were all outside on the porch of Tony's lake house. They were discussing Quantum Physics, based on the snippets of conversation Harrison could hear through the thick wall.

"Are you gonna eat?" Morgan asked, scooting closer to Harrison in her chair. Tony had made the sandwiches after his surprise guests had arrived. He and Morgan had been talking about lunch anyways and it was an excuse to avoid the former Avengers.

"Yeah, are you?" Harrison replied with a short glance at the girl before returning his sight to the window beside the table.

"Yep." Morgan picked up half of her sandwich and held it up to the mask, pretending to eat it.

Harry chuckled at the toddler, shaking his head softly. "It'd be easier if you took the mask off." The boy spoke matter-of-factly. Although he wasn't much of a boy anymore. He was only twenty two but he looked five years older than that and felt about fifty.

"I'll eat when you eat." Morgan stated, holding the sandwich with one hand and pulling the mask off with the other. She dropped it on the table before pushing her staticky brown hair out of her face.

"Alright." Harrison picked up half his sandwich and raised it to his mouth, watching Morgan do the same. They both took a bite at the same time, nodding in agreement that Tony Stark made a good grilled cheese sandwich.

"Harry, what are you all doing here?" Morgan asked after a few minutes of silently eating. Harry had been instructed by Tony to take Morgan inside and keep her occupied while Steve, Nat, and Scott were here. He had a feeling she'd eventually ask questions since they didn't come to visit often. Harry visited the most out of all of them, he was even the first to meet the girl after she was born.

Harrison sighed and put his sandwich down. He knew that Morgan knew all about the battle with Thanos five years ago, but he also knew that Tony didn't talk about it a lot.

"They're here to talk about what they do best, Morg. Saving the world." Harry stated in the simplest words he could think of.

"Why does the world need to be saved?" Morgan asked. The girl was lucky enough to have been born after the Snap and both her parents walked out alive.

"Because something really bad happened before you were born. Scott, that guy right there," Harrison pointed to Scott Lang through the window. "He showed up after being in the Quantum Realm for five years. So Uncle Steve and Aunt Nat think they can go back in time and reverse that really bad thing."

"What's the Quantum Realm?"

Harrison let out a short chuckle. "I don't really know. A place where time works differently, I guess." He answered.

"Sounds fun." Morgan replied before turning back to her sandwich.

Harrison watched out the window as Scott and Tony argued, taking the last bite of his sandwich. "Come on, let's go save your dad." The boy spoke and rose to his feet. Morgan was quickly behind him as he led the way out onto the porch.

"We came to save you." Morgan stated as she jumped into her father's lap.

"I'll wait in the car for you guys. Mister Stark, good to see you." Harrison nodded towards Tony as he made his way down the porch steps.

"Bye, Kid. See you later."

Harrison waved behind him, catching the faint voice of Natasha as he reached Steve's Audi.

"Think of him, Tony. He lost his best friend and it's still haunting him." The woman spoke. A dull weight settled in Harrison's chest as he climbed into the backseat of the car and shut the door on her words. Now that he didn't have the comfort, and distraction, of Morgan, Harrison stared down at his anxious fingers. His hands were littered with faint scars and the boy pulled his sleeves over them, completing covering the tips of his fingers as he forced them to rest in his lap.

Steve, Natasha, and Scott all made their way to the car as Tony went inside his house with his daughter leading the way. Harrison stared out the tinted window as Scott climbed in the car beside him.

"Mister Stark is right. We can't sacrifice his happy ending just because we haven't found ours." Harrison spoke, all three adults turning to face him.

"We all lost, Harry. Don't you think we should try to make it right?" Steve asked in a low tone, his eyebrows furrowed together above the blue eyes that Harrison couldn't bring himself to look at.

"Not if we end up making it worse. I just mean...I miss Peter...but if we all die to bring him back...there's...I can't..." Harrison inhaled deeply as he turned to face Steve, his eyes glossy as tears threatened to fall. "I want to make it right. But I can't lose anyone else."

Steve turned to face Natasha, words escaping the man.

"We're gonna do everything we can, Harry. I know how much you miss him." Natasha spoke, knowing more than any of the other Avengers how the loss of Peter has affected Harrison. With their rooms beside each other at the Compound, she heard every time he snuck out at night and was there to comfort every nightmare he had.

"We're gonna figure this out. Tony will come around." Scott added words of encouragement as Harrison returned his gaze out the car window.

Author's Note

A quick filler chapter before all the exciting stuff happens! I hope you're all enjoying this story