Recovery and A Much Needed Talk

So I'm at 69 followers and I only have one thing to say....

Nice.

Anyway, as a reward to all of y'all, here's the next chapter as a 69 follower special. It's a short one but I hope you still enjoy. Thanks a lot you guys!

(POV: 3rd)

(Y/N): And so that's why I've been saying some weird thing like... wait some more seconds, or "wait for it" or things that signal something good or bad is gonna happen.

Qrow takes a swig of his flask and looks around.

Qrow: Really? No questions?

Jaune: Of course we have questions. This is just... a lot to take in.

Qrow: (Sighs) Sure, of course.

Ruby: So these... Maidens... they're powerful fighters that don't need dust to use magic?

Qrow: Yeah.

Nora: And there are four of them?

Qrow: Yep. Always.

Ren: Which means, whenever one of them dies, the powers transfers to someone... a female that they care about?

Qrow: Whoever was in their thoughts last. Important distinction. Best option is someone we can trust. Regardless, their souls become combined. In a way.

Jaune: And that's what you were trying to do to Pyrrha. The night the tower fell. You were trying to turn her into one of them?

Qrow: The previous fall Maiden, Amber, had been attacked. She was young, inexperienced. And her assailant, now known as Cinder, somehow managed to steal some of her power. But not all of it.

(Y/N): they were afraid that if they didn't do something, the rest would go to her too.

Jaune:... So they forced it on her. And you just let them. (Y/N), how could you?

(Y/N): Jaune, I didn't...

Jaune: You knew that this was gonna happen! It could have killed her!

Qrow: Calm down, kid. We didn't force anything. We explained the situation and gave her a choice. And she chose. You were there. You heard her. Besides. It's not his fault. He was the one who stopped her from dying, I hear. If he didn't take the bullet, we'd be having a whole different conversation right now.

(Y/N): That's why I didn't say anything. If somebody found out what I knew, they'd try to kidnap me and use my information against you. Or they could have killed you all to get to me. Tyrian could have killed you, you know? I wasn't going to let that happen. Look, the important thing is that Pyrrha and Penny are still alive. Nothing bad will happen to them. I promise.

Jaune crosses his arms, but then he closes his eyes and sighs.

Jaune: Fine.

Ruby: So.. that guy, Tyrian... I get why he was after (Y/N), but why was he after me?

Qrow: (Sighs) Well, you definitely painted a target on your back with what you did at Beacon. I told you having silver eyes is a rare trait. And the fact that you were able to use them seems to have upset some very powerful people. Not many people know about the silver eyes. But those that do aren't very happy when one has surfaced. That's why I've been keeping an eye on you. I wanted to make sure you were safe. All of you.

Ruby: Well, then... why not just travel with us? Wouldn't it be way easier?

Jaune: He was using you as bait.