Don't look back (Bonus Chapter)

(POV: 3rd)

"Hey sis. I hope my letters have been reaching you and dad. Handwritten stuff's never been the most reliable. But (Y/N) says otherwise. He's doing fine by the way. We got caught up in some crazy adventures, so he's resting now. Anyway, in case you haven't been getting them, I want to say I'm sorry for leaving the way I did. I know you told us it was a reckless decision after everything we've been through, I can definitely say you were right. It's been hard. On all of us. And I'm not just talking about the monsters, or the times where (Y/N) keeps almost dying..."

An Atlesean pilot is counting some money next to his airship.

Pilot: Okay you can hide out back in the cargo hold. I'll take you as far as I can, but if we get caught, you're on your own. Understand?

Weiss Schnee nods and walks towards the airship.

Pilot: Hope it's not too crowded. You'll be sharing with someone else.

Weiss: It's no bother at all. I'm sure there's plenty of room for me and... (Y/N)!?

Wearing Atlesean soldier armor and with a rifle by his side, someone who very much looks like her friend gives a friendly smile.

Gray: Not exactly.

"...Every step took us further and further away from the things we knew. And every morning we woke up wondering if just over the next hill would be something good... or something terrible. It's scary, not knowing whats gonna happen next. And the things we DO know now, just how bad it can get. It almost makes it all worse.

Yang Xiao Long looks at a picture of team STRQ until she notices a flashing on her shades.

Yang: Gray? What's that?

Gray: Oh, nothing. Just doing some checkups on your weapon systems. It's just a thing I do.

Yang: Hmm... okay. Clear it out of my vision. It's kinda blocking it.

Gray: Right away.

The flashing reads "Link established"

"... You told me once that bad things just happen. You were angry when you said it. And I didn't wanna listen. But you were right. Bad things do happen... all the time... every day. Which is why we're out here. To do whatever we can. Wherever we can. And hopefully do some good."

Taiyang Xiao Long stares at a picture of him and Summer Rose. He looks up on the fireplace shelf and sees a picture of (Y/N) and Ruby. He smiles at the similarities of the photos.

"... We've all lost something. And I've seen what loss can do to people. But if we gave up every time we lost. Then we'd never be able to move forward. We'd never be able to see what beautiful things the future might have waiting for us."

Weiss: So... you're going to find Yang?

Gray: Yes ma'am.

Weiss: And how many of you are there?

Gray: Counting me and my creator, two.

Weiss: Only two?

Gray: Yes- what do you mean by only two?

Weiss: Oh... just curious is all.

Gray: Oh. Right. Curious. That makes sense. (Hiccups)

"... We'd never have the strength to change. Whether it's ourselves, or the world around us. And we'd never be there for other people, who might one day be lost without us. This is what we've been training for, Yang. To become huntsmen and huntresses. To be the ones to stand up and do something about all the bad in the world. Because there are plenty of people out there that are still lost. And even more who will try everything they can to gain more from their sorrow.

Cinder Fall snaps her fingers and Emerald creates the illusion of Ruby at her knees. She incinerates it. She turns around to attack the illusion of (Y/N), but she doesn't have to. Because Bryan Green slices its head off. Salem smiles at the both of them.

"... Believe me when I say. I know it can feel impossible. Like every single day is a struggle against some unstoppable monster we can never hope to beat. But we have to try. And if not for us, for the people we may- For the people we haven't lost yet. I miss you so much. I miss Weiss and Blake too. But I think you'd all be proud to know we made it to Mistral. The rest of us did too. We even ran into uncle Qrow along the way. He's going to take us to see professor Lionheart. The headmaster of Haven academy. And... he told us some things you're gonna wanna hear. Things I can't trust will make it to you in this letter. But maybe... if you joined us, he could tell you himself. With Beacon gone, they're gonna need dad at signal more than ever. And I know you need to focus on yourself before I can expect you to come out with me, and with (Y/N) too. We both think it would be great to get team RWBY back together again. Until next time, your loving sister, Ruby Rose (L/N). Oh that's right! (Y/N) proposed to me and we're gonna have an unofficial wedding. Hopefully we can have a real one soon. We'll be sure to give you the address of where we'll be staying at in Mistral. I'd love to hear back from you and dad. And I can't wait to fill you in on what's going to happen next! Now that we've made it across Anima, I really think things are gonna start going our way."

(POV: Ruby)

I seal the letter and I put it aside. I wipe my tears away and then feel a pair of arms around me.

(Y/N): Pure poetry.

I turn around and giggle. He kisses me on the lips and I kiss him back. We pull away and I stand up.

Ruby: You just wake up?

(Y/N): Yeah. All I needed was a good nights sleep.

Ruby: (Y/N), you've been out for about seven days.

(Y/N): (Sigh) Why is it always seven? Seven dwarfs, seven sisters, seven evil exes, seven days in a week. 7-11.

Ruby: (Y/N), you're being weird again.

(Y/N): Oh, right! Sorry. I guess I'm just feeling a little out of it today. Where's everyone else?

Ruby: Qrow's sleeping in another room. Everyone else went to look around. We have the whole place to ourselves. (Smirks)

(Y/N): Oh, cool. So, maybe we could find a way to keep ourselves busy. Like... how we watch a movie-

I cut him off by kissing his lips and we fall down onto the bed. At first, he seems kind of shocked, but then he eventually goes with it. After separating for air, I pull away and his eyes have gone wide.

(Y/N): Um, Ruby... This um... isn't what I had in mind.

Ruby: (Blushing) Oh, I'm sorry! I'll just...

I try moving off of him but he grabs my hand. He moves forward and kisses my head.

(Y/N): I didn't say to stop, though.

I smile again and resume what I was doing. I just hope the rest of the team doesn't come back for a while...

Volume 4, end

Hey everyone. I'm almost at 100 followers. So that's cool. I'm sorry everyone, but I haven't even started writing volume 5 yet. But I do have a lot of stuff planned. I am on thanksgiving break, so I will be able to start and maybe post sometime next month. So stick around and I will see you all then.

-The Kool Aid Guy