I.

I. THE AWARENESS

A loud gasp left Gaeun's mouth as she looked around the room, her eyes were widen in shock

A loud gasp left Gaeun's mouth as she looked around the room, her eyes were widen in shock. She was now within class, but how? She was just home a few seconds ago. Everyone seemed to be talking, not seeming bothered by the wide eyes of Gaeun as she glanced over the students within her class.

"Gaeun-ah." A silent voice called out to her, causing the already shocked brunette to whip her head around at the person calling her. She still held a shock expression as she looked up at Yeo Jooda. She hadn't seemed uncomfortable by Gaeun's expression but rather more worried.

"Are you okay? Do you need to go to the nurse?" Jooda asked, slowly raising her hand to touch the brunette's forehead. Jooda was always kind, despite how other students treat her. She was different from the rest of the students. Yes, she was poor but she was still so kind and cheerful, always seemingly happy even when bad things happen to her.

The two were fairly close as Gaeun was the first to befriend Jooda when she started school. An incident happened within the art room of one of the girls tripping Jooda, and Gaeun, of course, decided to step in and help her while shushing those who harassed her that day to silence. Though it didn't stop the bullying, if Jooda was ever spotted with Gaeun, nothing bad seemed to occur to her.

"You really are a lifesaver at times, Jooda." Gaeun said, smiling up at the lighter brunette girl who seeming was flustered by the sudden compliment removed her hand from her friend's forehead.

"You just seemed shocked about something all of sudden. I became worried is all... Besides, if I was like that you'd probably do the same for me." Jooda spoke, silently fumbling with her fingers as she spoke.

Gaeun just kept smiling up at her friend before nodding her head in agreement and telling her friend a quick 'thank you' before the bell for class had rang. Though once it did ring, it seemed as if time had skipped again as she suddenly appeared to have a test before her titled "Midterm College Testing".

The confused brunette yet again wiped her head around to look at the other students around her who were silent as they took their test. She shook her head, I must be having a memory lapse or something. She thought as she picked up her pencil and pressed it against her paper only for time to change again.

The classroom was loud as students moved out of their seats, talking about how they were happy the test was finally over. Gaeun looked down at her testing sheet, noticing everything already filled out. She felt her eyebrows knit together as she frowned looking down at the paper.

"Everything alright?" A deep male voice asked, catching Gaeun's attention. She turned to look at the seat next to her, noticing Baek Kyung looking at her, his facial expression still holding the usual cold look he always had.

"I.. I'm not quite sure." She mumbled, while looking down at her testing paper. Kyung clearly curious of her sudden expression, got up from his seat to lean over and look at the piece of paper that Gaeun held.