𝙋𝙍𝙊𝙇𝙊𝙂𝙐𝙀

PROLOGUE
__________

When Oleander Evans turned eleven-years-old, his sister got a letter. Lily Evans was a witch. The twins had always been closer than they'd been with their older sister, but for some inexplainable reason the day Lily left for Hogwarts school of Witchcraft and Wizardry their bond became a little less close. The ties that bound them together bent and stretched, until they eventually snapped. And when Oleander moved out, they didn't speak again.

On October 30th 1977 Ivy Evans was born to Astoria and Oleander Evans in a small, cosy cottage in a quaint village called Pittenweem that stood off Scotland's east coast.

Four years and one day later, James, Lily and a one year old Harry Potter were attacked by a dark lord, whose name no one dared to speak. No one knew exactly what happened in Godric's Hollow that Hallows' Eve, except that the Potters survived and that he-who-must-not-be-named was finally defeated.

Five years and one day later, on November 1st 1986, Astoria Evans passed away after a long and harrowing battle against cancer. She was buried in a small cemetery at the edge of the village. Even though Ivy was only a young child when it happened, her bright smile always shone a little less after that day.

Years later, the Potter family became the most famous family across the entire United Kingdom and Oleander Evans raised his daughter by himself. Ivy Evans was a happy child. It didn't matter that she didn't have her mum, because she had her father and she loved him and he loved her. That was all she needed.

Pittenweem was a small, fishing village and the constant ocean breeze was what Ivy always looked forward to when she woke up. In the mornings, she'd wake up to the sounds of fishers and farmers getting ready for work, she'd get dressed, usually in a denim over-all and stocky, black boots, and she would take her bike into the village. She'd visit the bakery, say hi to Mr. Williamson and his grumpy cat and buy freshly-baked goods for breakfast.

Almost everybody in Pittenweem knew of Ivy Evans, she wasn't exactly a quiet child. She'd bike around on her brightly pink bicycle and if she passed you she'd ring her bell, say hello and give you a big smile.

Oleander Evans came to quite a shock when his daughter was growing up; as she grew older, she began to resemble his twin sister. Not in a familial way, but identical. Ivy grew to have the same colour of auburn-red hair as Lily and the same shaped face and the same broad smile. Even the freckles across her face were the same. Only one thing was different; Ivy had her mother's greyish-green eyes.

Ivy had an unusual appeal to her. People, everywhere she went, liked her, they couldn't seem to help it. She was so lively and filled to the brim with joy (and a little bit of ADHD). Yet, in Pittenweem, if you asked around, people would tell you that the young Evans girl was trouble.

They liked her, but she had mischief sparkling behind those grey eyes. She would hop down to the docks and sneak around Mrs. Warrington's boat and when she was spotted and almost in the woman's gangly clutches, she would suddenly, in the blink of an eye, appear in the alleyway behind the Bank's Butcher: for all your meaty needs!

When Ivy turned eleven on October 30th 1988, a strange, abnormally large woman came knocking on her door with a funny accent and a periwinkle-blue envelope.