Prologue

It was a completely normal day. 

Celestial was flying through the sky, not a single care in the world. Her scales were hot to the touch and as bright as the sun setting on the horizon. Her scales were particularly golden, and her indigo eyes sharply contrasted with them. 

The other SunWings called her a "freak" and a "weirdo". They said her eyes were too dark and her scales were too bright. They said the symbols on her wings were wrong and the spikes on her back were too long. So what? Her eyes were a little strange, true; and her scales were a bit brighter than normal; and the sun patterns on her wings were different from her fellow tribemates, but that didn't make her a freak! She just looked... different. Maybe that plus her very un-SunWing-ish attitude made her a little strange, but she wasn't a freak in the slightest! 

Anyways, she was enjoying her sunset flight when a dark ball of scales came tumbling out of the sky at her. She hissed and shot a stream of sunlight at the black wyrm. He roared, and, in sheer fury, shot a bolt of moonlight at her. She could tell it was moonlight because it felt freezing when it whizzed past her instead of hot, like starlight or sunlight. So Celestial's attacker was a MoonWing. That made sense. They liked nighttime, and she was right near their border. She dodged the moonlight and shot another stream of sunlight at him. He disappeared into the trees below. 

That coward, she thought. Just as she thought that, she felt freezing, stabbing cold on the back of her head. 

Great. A sneak attack from behind, she thought. Then everything went dark.