Chapter 3

Pisces flew as fast as her wings could possibly carry her. 

Almost... there... she thought, her obsidian necklace bouncing off her chest. She didn't remember when she got it, but she assumed that her and Twilight's parents did it, because Twilight had a matching one, and their parents had been friends for as long as Pisces could remember, and Twilight had a matching moon necklace. 

She screeched to a halt in the grand hall of the school and took off in search of Twilight. 

"Twilight!" she called. "Twilight!" she was so busy calling for him she didn't bother to look where she was going. She collided head-on with the poor MoonWing. She shook him to his senses. 

"With me now. Explain later," she panted, gabbing him and taking off for the exit again. He followed with a small yelp of protest. 

"Quick!" Pisces heard Streak's voice from below. "She's getting worse!" 

Twilight gasped as they almost barreled into Orbit. She hissed. 

"Watch it!" 

But Twilight payed no attention to Orbit. 

"No! Pisces, how could you?" he stared at her. "Are we traitors to the tribe? Working with Daytimers?"

Not traitors," Pisces panted. "She's hurt and needs help," 

"I don't know what to do!" Streak cried, putting her head in her talons. "She's getting worse and worse and there's nothing I can do!" 

They all looked pretty bad. The SunWing's wounds, Pisces meant. Deep slashes in her sides spilled blood everywhere, and anyone who attempted to get close to the dying wyrm got their talons positively covered in it. There were strange ice particles on the back of her head, and the scales around that area were cold to the touch, unlike the rest of her scales, which were hot. 

"Tell me again why we're helping a SunWing?" Twilight asked. 

"Look at her and you tell tell me!" Pisces cried. "She needs a doctor, and she's too heavy for Streak, Orbit and I to carry alone. That's why we need you," she took a shuddering breath, looking nervously from Twilight to the wounded golden wyrm on the ground in front of them. 

After a long moment of silence, Twilight wordlessly gabbed her torso, grunting under the heat and weight. Streak quickly snatched her head, steadying the front part of her body. Orbit roughly took up the back, and Pisces steadied her wings. It was a very awkward position, but it worked. 

"We can't take her back to the Academy," Orbit grunted. "What do we do with her?" 

"I have an idea," Pisces said, motioning to a large, flat rock heated by the setting sun.

Streak, Orbit and Twilight ran off into the woods to look for food after the SunWing was properly situated, while Pisces did what she could at the wyrm's side. 

"Oh... I think I hit my head really hard, Solar..." she muttered, rubbing the back of her head. Suddenly, she turned to Pisces. "You," she snarled at Pisces with an indigo stare. "Did you do this to me?" she looked in awe at her injuries. 

"Shh! Don't move!" Pisces cried frantically. "It'll get even worse!" 

"You're... you're a Nighttimer," the golden wyrm said. "Why are you helping me?" 

"I'm helping you because my friend told me to and because I am a sympathetic wyrm. If someone else found you, they would have left you to die, killed you themselves, or turned you in to the authorities, so they could kill you. Either way, you'd be dead." Pisces paused for a moment, thinking. "That reminds me; why are you here?" 

"I can't tell you that," the SunWing said. "I can't let you take me back. Where is Tectonic?" she looked around for a moment, then added, "I'm Celestial, by the way." 

Solar and Celestial... hmm... those seem familiar somehow... Eh, Pisces would piece that mystery together later. 

"I'm Pisces," she said instead, wondering why she was telling this to a SunWing. 

"We're back - oh no! She's bleeding everywhere!" Streak exclaimed, dropping the fruits she'd collected and running over to the bloodstained rock. 

"And awake," Twilight added. 

"Her name is Celestial," Pisces said. 

"I'm Streak!" Streak smiled and waved a talon, then got back to work cleaning up the red mess all over the rock. 

"I'm Twilight," he rolled his eyes at Streak. 

"Wait a second," he dashed forward and gabbed the necklace Celestial was wearing in his talons. Pisces hadn't even realized she was wearing a necklace. 

"Hey!" the SunWing hissed. 

"They're the same! They're all the same!"Twilight said, pointing to his moon, then to Pisces's star, and finally to Celestial's sun. 

"Huh," said Streak. "Probably just a coincidence." 

"You should rest," Pisces said. 

"Ha," Celestial laughed. "So you can turn me in while I'm sleeping?" 

"You were passed out earlier," Twilight pointed out. "We could have killed you then, but we didn't. Do you think that you'd be alive right now if we didn't want you to be?" 

"No... Argh!" she growled. "I hate not being in control of my life right now! But fine. You win. I'll try to sleep." and she did. 

Streak, Pisces, and Twilight kept watch all night. Pisces wondered why she had let herself get dragged into this mess. 

I guess we're about to find out,  she thought, looking at the wyrm flying toward them as the sun began to rise.