Chapter 7

Brick's POV

What has Ace done this time.

I thought he said he was done with everything bad since his son was born.

I looked at Blossom who was driving the car.

Then I looked back at the front window. "What's wrong?" I looked at her confused but I realized she was talking to me.

"I just can't think straight..." I'm really not wanting to talk about this with her.

Not that I don't want her to know it's just I don't think she really cares.

"Are you sure?" I looked at her again and nodded.

She shrugged her shoulders and continued driving. I sighed and leaned back on the seat.

It wasn't that long before we got to were we needed to be. I am a nervous wreck! Why do i end up in places like this.

"Are you sure this is the place?" I looked at Blossom.

We were already at the place?

Damn, how long have I been zoned out?

I looked around to see a green like gas around her car. It wasn't toxic but is also wasn't the best thing to breath.

"Yep..." I said leaning over my chair to get a better view.

I noticed that Blossom squinted her eyes disgust at the view. I could tell she was dreading it.

"Let's just hurry up and hope he gives us the answers we are needing." She said parking

"I don't think it'll be that easy?" I said getting out of the car stepping in mud.

"Ugh!" I groan lifting my foot out of the mud.

Blossom cringed.

The worse this is that she's wearing heeled boots

"That's gotta suck." I smiled. She chuckled and rolled her eyes. "Let's just go."

We both walked towards this shack.

Better known as Ace's work.

"I should go in first." I said getting a nod back from her, agreeing with me.

I open the door to get a nasty smell of something

"Hey yo, Brick!" I looked over yo see Ace. I smiled and walked towards him and give him a hand shake.

"Hey Ace." I hear him chuckle and then look behind me.

"Who's the doll?" He said pointing behind me.

"This is Blossom." I said watching her walk beside me. "Hi." She said extending her hand to shake Ace's.

He accepted the shake.

"Hi, whats ah pair like you to to be coming to ah shake like mines." He said going to behind his counter.

"We have a few questions." Blossom said walking up to the counter.

"We have questions for the murder of Luis Hernandez." I looked at Ace's expression. He seemed a bit shocked

"Luis was murdered?" He said whispering a little.

Blossom and I nodded.

He whipped his hand over his head. "Oh my god." He said pacing behind his counter.

But then I noticed that Ace began to connect the dots

"Ya'll don't think I killed him?" He said looking at us. "No we don't Ace, its just something we have to do." I explained

"Well then you should know me."

I noticed he glare at me before looking down at the counter

"I won't talk unless I have my lawyer."