High School (1)

Highschool felt like a funny concept as a child but as real as it is, I still find it quite fake. Maybe because everything is improvised behind a stereotypical face, or maybe just the obstinate determination to get through the day, so much so that people forget why they're actually attending

Walking in the front doors felt stressful not knowing a single person Untill I walked along the general tour. The first person I talked to was a kid standing next to me, he looked slightly nervous but also extremely positive. The kid started the conversation which made me tense as he was a short twelve year old with glasses and I'm much bigger than him. 'H-Hello?, I'm Curt. I don't have any f-friends at this school,' he said nervously. 'I'll be your friend, it won't hurt, I'm Fraser,' I said. I found it really brave of him if I'm being honest. Curt shouldered his large green backpack that he had been sitting on, we then proceeded to walk around together, trying to find others we knew.

I arrived at my first class of the year which happened to be mathematics, my least favorite subject. Kundai was inside the classroom sitting down. A girl sat next to him, the girl's brown hair glimmered on the bright light as she sat down in the chair adjacent to Kundai. There was still two available seats on that table so curt and I took them, kundai introduced the girl he had met over the holidays. 'This is my girlfriend, Rachael, I forgot to tell you about her.' I felt shocked but happy for him as she was a really pretty girl. 'W-Wow that's really great but is she gonna hang out with us all the time?' I said simply. 'Well.. No, I think she has friends, right Rachael?' He said. 'Yeah.. I will probably just hang out after school if that's okay,' Rachael said. Kundai replied that she can, whenever she wants, and we continued to wait for the teacher.

The teacher arrived ten minutes late and explained herself. 'Sorry guys, I was finishing up the tour for another class.'
I dozed off until Curt tapped my shoulder and pointed to the teacher wandering around the class handing out our work for the lesson. The teacher was asking the students for their names as she walked past. She walked by Kundai, Curt and Rachael, it looked as if they all got different sheets, so I signaled curt over but he didn't hear me, 'Psst, Curt.. Curt!' He turned to me as the teacher also turned to me and said, 'Curt? You're name is also Curt.. Hahahaha! what a strange coincidence,' I tried to tell her otherwise but she speedily paced in the owner direction, not even caring to listen.

The end of the day was near, I felt like a changed person. I know it didn't take much heroism to get through one day but it was tough at the start. Kundai, Rachael and I walked home together as Rachael was going to Kundai's for a few hours. 'It's so great living near eachother, isn't it?' Kundai said. 'Yesss it's so convenient for when we're going to hang out,' I said. We were about to be parting to one anothers house as Kundai screamed, 'SEE YA LATER MATE,' and I said it back.