France x Russia - Relations

The personified nations of Russia and France were currently sitting across from each other in the world meeting like they often did. After things got too rowdy, Germany created a seating plan so that each of the countries would sit next to someone that wouldn't distract them or start any fights. So far there had been a few minor issues, but nothing too bad. Overall the meetings were much more productive, which wasn't necessarily a bad thing. Still, it meant that things got done quicker, and that was a bonus, especially for France.

Francis had often found himself glancing over at the Russian nation, whom he had known for a while. Of course he'd known the feelings were there for a fairly long time, but he hadn't ever gotten the courage to tell him. Especially recently, when they'd became best friends. It all started one day because Russia didn't want to be perceived as cruel and cold blooded and thought France would be just the person to ask for help. Ivan wasn't really that scary, he was just misunderstood.

Knowing the difficulties of being labelled as something he wasn't - a pervert - Francis was happy to comply and help him. That was the reason at first anyways. He found himself wanting to hang out with Ivan outside of their meetings, and so he did. And he did not regret one bit of it. Spending time with Ivan was like a breath of fresh air. Neither of them judged each other, and it turned out they worked out together quite well.

Ivan had a similar experience to Francis. Even if people claimed he was a pervert, people loved him anyway. They adored his food, his wine, and his beautiful cities. And Ivan was smart enough to know that appearances weren't always was they seemed, and wanted to see if that was true for France. That was why he went to him for help, because he wanted to know how he could be loved.

It was soon clear that Francis wasn't perverted at all. He was a romantic at heart, yes, and did love his wine and roses, and he did care about his appearance, but he wasn't obnoxious and he actually seemed to want to be around him. Russia, like the other nations and their people, was drawn to France, but for different reasons. That was why he stayed.

Though, his feelings also had an impact on that. He had quickly found himself falling for the other, which wasn't actually that hard to be honest. He had gone to find out how to be loved, yet here he was being in love himself. Ivan was too scared to lose their friendships to ask him out though, and resigned himself to glances across the room at world meetings and the friendly hangouts they always had.

-

The end of the world meeting couldn't come quick enough, and after exiting in the midst of the crowds, Russia was waiting at their normal meeting spot in that particular country. He was awaiting the arrival of France, but unusual the said nation was nowhere to be found. He waited there for half an hour before giving up hope and starting to walk off. He didn't know what he'd done wrong, but obviously France wasn't going to spend time with him that day.

Dejected, he began to walk over to the street and waved his hand for a cab. It pulled over, and he got in, not paying attention enough to see that someone else was in there also. "Back to where we came from, sir," a voice said, heavily laced with a French accent. The driver nodded and started driving just as Ivan turned to look at Francis, who had a shy smile on his face.

"I do apologise for not meeting up with you sooner, but I wanted to prepare something special for you. Before you ask, I do not have a reason other than that I care about you and believe you deserve to have a break. You have been working rather hard recently." Francis' voice was kind and gentle, and Ivan couldn't help but blush at both the tone and his words.

"Uh, thank you Francis," he said quietly, returning his words with a warm smile. It didn't take long before they arrived there, perhaps a ten minute drive at the most. It was a park, one that was quiet and not to busy as many people would still be at work. Francis payed the driver and got out, taking Ivan's hand and leading him through the park. He stopped when they reached a tall oak tree, sitting down on a picnic blanket. Ivan followed suit, a small smile on his lips. "It is quite nice out here, da?"

"Oui, it is. I hoped you would like it," the Frenchman replied, giving him a smile of his own. "I, uh, I wanted to ask you something. It doesn't have to be, but if you would like, this could be a date." He pulled out some roses from a bag that was sitting on the blanket, a bag that Ivan had previously guessed was for food or something.

He blushed at the question, but quickly nodded, accepting the roses and smelling them with a smile. Even if he loved sunflowers the most, he knew roses were important to France and so liked it better that he was given roses. "I would love this to be a date." He then moved closer, gently wrapping his arms around the other and pulling him into a hug. "This is okay, da?"

Francis let out a sigh of relief and moved a bit closer, leaning into his touch. "Oui, it's perfect. Je t'aime, Ivan." He nuzzled the Russian man's chest, humming in content as he just enjoyed the moment

Ivan smiled and kissed his head, glad to be holding him close. He couldn't believe that it had taken them so long to get together, but they were together now and that was worth the wait. "я тоже тебя люблю, Francis."

-

Je t'aime - I love you

я тоже тебя люблю - I love you too