17

Shadow's P.O.V.

"Prince Maurice has gone missing on the day if his wedding. Reporters say that the wedding was arranged by the Queen and the King from both kingdoms. Others have-"

"I can't believe it..." Sonic was sitting down on the couch, I had brought us to another city, far away from where the others lived.

It had been a week already since we've been hiding.

-

"I-" Sonic was slowly shaking his head making me sigh and nod already understanding what he meant but before I could leave, he squeezed my hand. "I don't think I can run."

"What?" I asked him confused.

"To get out of here. They've been giving me shots so I won't run away and I don't think I'll be at your pace this time." He had his ears dropped. "I want to be with you Shadow."

"I can get us out of here." I smiled softly. I got closer and carassed his muzzle making him lean at my touch.

The door was then opened and I saw the fox look at us. Sonic pinned his ears down and was going to move when I hugged him and he hugged back as I growled to Zeth.

"Whoa." Zeth walked inside the room and closed the door. "You're Shadow?" The fox asked and Sonic nodded for me as I kept growling. I wasn't going to let anyone take Sonic from me.

"Zeth, he-" I was suddenly punched roughly in the face. Sonic gasped and before I could start a fight with him, Sonic stopped me.

"That was for hurting the Prince." Zeth scoffed and looked at Sonic. "I'll make sure they don't find you two."

"Thank you." Sonic smiled at him making me jealous.

"Yeah, whatever. Now leave, I'll say you got your speed and left after a fight. Punch me so it can look real." He walked to me.

I chuckled. "My pleasure."

"Just make sure he's safe and away from here." After that, I punched him hard enough to knock him out.

Sonic had his ears pinned down at this then walked back to me and hugged me.

"Ready?" I asked and he nodded then hid his face on my chest fur. I smiled and rubbed his back then chaos controlled us as far away as possible.

-

"What?" I asked as I sat down beside him, wrapped my arms around him and pulled him to sit in my lap.

"We really ran away." He rested back on me as he lightly blushed.

"We did." I smiled and rested my head on top of his making him drop his ears to the sides. "Do you want to go back?" I lowered my ears slightly, I knew I was literally going to get killed by GUN if they were to find us.

"No, I want to be with you." He purred for me, calming me down instantly. I kissed his neck and smiled happily at him.

"Thank you..." I purred and yawned softly. "For making me happy..."

'Even if it is for a little while...'