24

Shadow's P.O.V.

And then...

"Okay." Was all she said making me look at her both confused and shocked. "Take him away from here, just do it. I trust you will keep him safe and happy. He doesn't need to come back but... please let me know how my son is every now and then..." She gave me a card with her phone number. "Take care of him, will you?" 

I was so confused about what was going on. I couldn't believe she was actually doing this. It really had to take Sonic stabbing himself for his mother to actually leave him alone...

I nodded and chaos controlled to the hospital once again. 

Sonic... please be okay... 

You are finally free now, please stay strong, I can't lose you. 

-

The days went by, the doctors had let me go in and stay with him. 

He hadn't woken up.

-

Weeks passed, soon a month and I was still sitting by his side. 

"Come on Sonic... please don't do this to me." I sighed as I looked at him. No one else was allowed to see him. I didn't let anyone else but me to come to this room. "Please..."

Sonic's P.O.V.

"He is waiting for you," Dark said as we walked down the hallway. No one could see us, we were like some type of ghosts, just walking down the hallways without no one else to talk to but each other. 

"I know..." I said as I looked inside the room where Shadow had stayed for the past month. "I wish I knew how to get back." 

"You have been trying for a whole month, I don't think there IS a way back to your body and whenever I try to, you're dying, if you die, I die." He groaned and I rolled my eyes. I still wasn't used to it but Dark and I actually became friends. "But... if there is no way back... then..." He pointed to a door, we both knew that meant we would die if we went in there. 

"No. There needs to be a way for me to be back. I cannot leave him like this. He said my mother finally let me free, I could be with Shadow without any worries. This is what I wanted, I can't leave Shadow alone now. Not like this..." I sighed. 

"You don't need to, Sonic. I can help you." We both turned around. 

"How?" I said as I stayed frozen in place.