1. and when the night falls.

omniscient.
[ read in dark mode for best experience. ]

The earth's blanket was now a dark blue, it could almost be mistaken for the shade black if looked at with a quick glance

The balls of light twinkled in the night sky, accompanied by the moon.

The moon left a gleam in Forty's eyes as he looked up into the earth's atmosphere, his brown orbs void of any emotion. He sat in his Audi, reclined in the driver's seat as he stared at the sky, counting stars. His burner phone was in his hand, he was waiting for one of his workers to pick up their weekly collection.

Forty's eyes averted ,from where they previously were, towards the direction of the blurry figure that stalked towards his blacked out vehicle.

Reaching into the backseat of his car, Forty picked up a small package. He slid his windows further down, patiently waiting for one of his block boys to collect the package.

"What you saying, broski?"The younger asked, his voice cracking as he spoke.

"Living."Forty gave a curt reply, he wasn't up for the chit-chat, he had another drop to make after this one and he was more than fatigued.

"Safe, big man."The younger thanked Forty, as he took the package.

Nodding his head, Forty took two fifty pound notes out of his wallet before handing it to the younger. The yg gladly took the money, thanking Forty with much gratitude.

"Aye, go straight home, yh?"Forty told the yute, knowing how the streets got around these times.

"Seen."The boy saluted Forty, before jogging over to the other side of the pavement and making his way home.

Not so far from where Forty resided sat a darksin girl. Her phone in her hand as she stared out into the street; expactantly.

Her doe like brown eyes were shielded by her long lashes, her favourite kind; mink.

She wore a navy blue nike hoodie, with the matching bottoms. A pair of 270s originals on her feet, aswell as the big north face puffer jacket that she had unzipped.

Her name was Nasir, she was of Ghanian and Ivorian descent. She lived with her older sister, Nana, in a two bedroom council flat located in the south west of London.

Her hair was braided into neat cornrows, cornrows that reached the near bottom of her back. Her sister had done her hair. Nana's occupation being a hair stylist, a proffesional one at that; she often made sure her younger sister's hair looked well kept.

Nasir deeply admired her sister, -well she used to deeply admire her sister. All respect Nasir had for Nana had slowly disintegrated into a bitter emotion called hatred.

Hatred that made her skin crawl at the thought of her very sister, the same sister that had nurtured her from knee height and beyond.

The new found feeling of despite that Nasir felt towards her sister felt almost surreal, almost.