An Unexpected Party

Finn and Rey had traded the assault craft for a small freighter ship not worth a third of the value of the trade, but sufficient for one hyperdrive trip to the Monsua Nebula—an immense pink cloud nebula of the Moddell sector of the Outer Rim. It was known for its dangerous electrical storms, but much less known for a medium-sized unnamed planet within it. Finn and Rey headed for this planet.

Electrical buoy rods hovered in a line through the storm nebula and attracted lightning creating a safe path for ships to approach.   White-pink snaps and cracks of lighting lit the purple haze around them.  

Two A-Wings flanked them as they descended and hailed them to transmit their security codes. Finn gave his and Rey's names and codes. After a long moment, the A-Wing sentry pilots confirmed their descent and escorted them to the planet. 

"We're probably going to be detained because of you," Finn said and shrugged.  

They passed dozens of star cruisers and destroyer ships hidden not far off the line of buoys. Each ship had its own buoys surrounding it to protect them from the electrical activity in the atmosphere.

Their freighter descended to the planet deep within the nebula and landed on the brightly colored terrain just in front of a series of tent structures, reinforced with anti-spacecraft artillery. The Resistance base lay stationed on a plain covered in a short, green, and maroon turf with small, feathered trees no higher than a man's shoulder. Temporary shelters were organized throughout the plain, with hundreds of snub fighters and troop transports parked beyond them. Soldiers and Resistance members were bustling among the tents and ships, each with their assigned duties, tens of thousands of men and women loyal to the Resistance; a small number for an army.

Finn and Rey landed the freighter and exited, but they were met by a squad of Resistance fighters with their blasters aimed at them. Finn raised his hands. "I can't blame you for the security, considering the situation," he said and looked at Rey.

"I apologize, Captain, but our orders are to bring the two of you in for questioning," the Resistance officer said, "and I will need to secure any of your weapons."

"I understand," Finn said, but he had no weapon. He looked to Rey.

Rey appeared offended but relinquished her lightsaber staff to the officer reluctantly.  "This is just a formality and means nothing," she said to the officer.

The officer took the blade with shaking hands.  "Thank you," he said. "Now follow me." They were led away under guard.

Finn and Rey were brought to a large tent centrally located within the base and told to wait inside. Guards were stationed inside and outside the tent.

It was not long before General Organa entered, followed by Chewbacca and Admiral Statura. Finn rose quickly to salute them. General Organa saluted and then addressed him. "You have created quite a problem for us by bringing Rey here."

Chewbacca growled and made a step forward. Leia turned and put a hand on his chest. "It's okay, Chewie. I know." Chewbacca settled down but was obviously upset.

"But her presence may give the Resistance an opportunity," she said.

Finn looked confused, but that confusion disappeared when Ben Solo entered the tent. Chewbacca became more agitated.

"Why did you bring Rey here?" Leia asked.

Finn stood tall. "She saved me from the First Order and fought Snoke directly in order to do so."

"Do you understand your breach of security by bringing her here?" Admiral Statura asked.  His face was cold, marked by his furrowed brow and thin-lined mouth.