𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕠𝕟𝕖

The shop door opened, causing the little bell to sing its song. The bell was just a constant reminder that I was in here. Bored as hell and all my friends were out there having the time of their lives. Not looking up from my fingernails, I grumbled a good morning to the customer who had just entered the shop.

'Afternoon' a deep voice replied. I looked up, first to the clock that read 12:05, then to the man.
He couldn't have been much older than me maybe 19? His eyes were green and deep like the sea. I was already drowning in them. His smile was wide and welcoming. His hair curled over like the deep waves of the ocean, which moved slightly from the breeze coming through the tiny window.
'Um can I have this' he questioned moving the item on the desk closer to me. Damn it. I got to lost in his beauty I didn't even realise he was trying to buy something
'Sure' I replied a little more enthusiastically than before. I scanned the item, put it in a small brown bag and handed it to him '£1:50' He smiled and fumbled around in his pockets, he handed me a £2 coin.

'Keep the change love' he grinned as he walked out the shop. The door closed, again ringing the bell, and I went back to picking and biting at my nails. I desperately needed the money from this job and had already been working over half the school holidays. My mum and dad offered little, or none at all, financial support and would only give me any money if I worked in our tiny souvenir shop, where most of the items are highly overpriced, or out of date. They claim they have better things to spend money on. After a few hours, I locked the shop up and headed upstairs to my room. I removed the sticky sweaty uniform (I'm forced to wear working for my mum and dad) and put on some more comfortable clothes. My mind wondered to the beach party tonight, and thinking of the cold, I slipped on some jeans.

The party was loud and lively. People crowded around bins of beer, fake disco lights flashed not far from me, and the smell of alcohol and weed filled my senses like a poisonous vapour. The little beach was full of teenagers aged 16-19, this was the best place to be. If you made it here, you were popular. You were beautiful. But I'm none of them, my friends are. I sat next to the fire alone. My friends in the distance with their boyfriends dancing to the base of the music. I watched the sunset, its golden rays reaching out into the darkening sky, desperately trying to fight against it and stay in the sky. I dreamed of life far from here. With someone who cared. Without a boring job. With real friends. I was in a different world. Playing no attention to the one around me. A soft hand touched my nearly bare shoulder. I turned around and his emerald eyes stared into mine.

'Hi' he mumbled.