Moving Day

I smelt the crisp air, it was such a pleasant smell. I forgot how it felt to have the sun on my skin, and the wind hitting my face. It was strange to say the least, but, something told me, from this point on life would get better.
     Due to past trauma, the state had relocated me to a desolate house in a far off area. I was never a map person so I don't exactly know where I am, but, that's okay I guess? The state told me that the house was already furnished, thankfully, mostly since I had nothing to decorate with!
   Anyways, outside of the house I could see a small stream. It just gave off a briliant gleam, if the outside was this pretty, I could hardly imagine what the inside looked like! With an idiotic glee, I swung the door open. As a harsh contrast to the outside, the house was plain and sad. Maybe this is why it came furnished. I started scratching at the wallpaper, cheap and horrible of course. The floor didn't seem any better, being plain and monochromatic. I sat down on the couch, and thought about how life was going to be. All I needed was some paint, and maybe some hardware? Anything to change it from dreary and weary. I stood up to plan my next move. As I did so, a swift white stripe whisked away to the lower floor in a sharp and rude manner, almost rushing away.
     What was that?! I didn't want to find out. However, I refused to let anything get in the way of my happiness, or, at least my happily ever after. It's now or never! I quietly got up and stared into the empty darkness of the doorway. Whatever is down there, it wasn't of this world, and I was about to be its first target. . .