🕯𝚃𝚑𝚎 𝚙𝚊𝚕𝚊𝚌𝚎..🕯

Y/n POV

I grab my deck of cards and tidy up me and asras little home. The countess has asked me to come help with the "counts murder" since asra has disappeared once again I walk through the road with people selling different types of things as I arrive to the palace I stop taking a deep breath in.

This is my first time going in palace....

I run my hands through my h/t hair and step up to the guard showing him the pass Nadia had given me.

the honey golden gates open closing behind me as I walk in.

She walks towards me with her hands folded elegantly "y/n how happy I am to see you" I smile "hello count-...Nadia it's a pleasure seeing you again" she leads me into the palace
"You arrived right on time..the palace has been in a fret hearing all these noises coming from the West wing I fear it has something to do with lucio..." I nod my head "Don't worry Nadia I'll have this figured out at least in a few days" she nods her head "take as long as you need"

I walk up the smooth marble steps to see the abandoned wing a few feet in front of me I take a shaky breath and step foot in the wing immediately feeling the change of climate I shiver as I stop in front of the counts room.
I open the old door to see the room in a damaged state, one pit in the bed is burned up while the rest of the bed is in what you could call "good condition".

I sit on the floor using my c/o/p aura to make a light I flick through my book of spells looking for one of the summoning spells until the light near me goes out

Mine...

I whip my head around trying to follow the voice but met with the back of the wall I look near the bed to see a white ghostly figure hunched gulping in fear i stand up.

"Show yourself!!"

A low whine echos behind me. I jump about a foot in the air-

Mercedes and Melchior stand in the door way teeth bared looking past me

I hastily step away from them trying to calm my hammering heart, they must of followed me up here...

They past me and their snouts twitch in all directions as if...their looking for something

The smaller one judges a large wooden chest it teeters. Then overturns with a groan the lid breaks off dropping whatever was inside
I gasp as a golden arm lies in front of me amid with the rubble and other contents spilled on the floor

Mine....mine
A soft hissing voice floats above my ear
It tugs On my aura making me turn to the
big painting hanging on the dusty wall .

my eyes fall on the golden arm on the painting...the same one on the floor Mercedes grabs the arm and drags it over to me dropping it to my feet I cringe as it's covered in dust, ash and now dog drool nothing like the picture.

"Uh thanks??" The dogs wander off and I stare at the arm the voice lingers again.

Mine...

I might be able to use it as a focus draw out this spirit..ghost thing.

I rummage through my bag until I find a handful of candles I very carefully stand the candles up in a wide circle with me inside
Holding my fingers over the first wick I close my eyes and focus my magic I light each candle in turn and the oppressive atmosphere lightens up with each spark.

When I pick up the gauntlet the fingers feel warm to the touch...Every inch of the golden arm is infused with powerful magic wrought with exquisite skill as I carefully brush off the dust and ash the arm begins to hum under my hands

Beautiful....

A ghostly hand emerges from the from the darkness ebony claws reach out for the golden arms but recoil from my circle of candles

It's blood red eyes watch my every move just outside of the candles light.

I gather up all my courage and stare back into the eerie eyes "W-who are you?" I already know it's the count but i need him his self to say it, the ghosts eyes flicker up to the portrait of the count lucio then looks back at me.

How is he here? And why is he a goat??

"Step into the light.."

He edges a bit closer only for me to see his outline

"Its about time!!..has everyone finally come to their senses??" I tilt my head "what are you talking about-?" He rolls his eyes "I'm talking about ME no one worthwhile came looking for me!!.. I was abandoned, forgotten, tossed aside me, lucio , your beloved Count!!..oh I've been so lonely.."

A few seconds pass before I realize my jaws hanging open. "Uh..." lucio scoffs shaking his horned head "nothing to say?? To ashamed of failing your count? Ugh did anyone else come to pay their respects or is it just you?!" I shake my head "I came here alone....why haven't you left..I mean the palace" he scoffs "oh please give me credit don't you think I've tried leaving? I can wander for a while but something keeps pulling me back....is it because I look like this?? Am I not fit to be seen??" He peaks at me through his claws "Do you think I'm scary? Are you going to run away from me too??" I feel bad a bit and pout "I need to ask you about what happened the night of the masquerade.." he answers with a bitter laugh "why would I tell you anything??" I bite back the rude response bubbling in my throat.

"Would you tell me if I gave you anything you want?" He looks up at me "Anything??"
I nod "anything.." he sighs "I want...i want..I want to be beautiful again!! you could do that for me can't you??"
He drifts closer to me "perfect hair, flowing cape..powerful arm..ah I was magnificent you could make me look like that again" I can't help glancing up and down at his strange form.

I look through my spell book from the palace library looking for the sections for ghostly manifestations. Despite his earlier attitude lucio looms closer until he's over my shoulder

I find the spell and read the directions
It's pretty simple to bring back there form it would need a drop of blood on one of their most prized possessions I look down at the golden arm I glance at lucio and he's still sulking.

He doesn't have any blood so it'll have to be me.. using my blood would me that lucio is tethered...to me.

ℍ𝕖𝕪 𝕘𝕦𝕪𝕤!!
ℍ𝕠𝕨 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕥𝕙𝕖 𝕗𝕚𝕣𝕤𝕥 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕤𝕠 𝕗𝕒𝕣??
𝕀 𝕙𝕠𝕡𝕖 𝕪𝕠𝕦 𝕝𝕚𝕜𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕥 𝕓𝕖𝕔𝕒𝕦𝕤𝕖 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕨𝕚𝕝𝕝 𝕓𝕖 𝕞𝕚𝕧𝕚𝕟𝕘 𝕒𝕥 𝕤 𝕝𝕚𝕥𝕥𝕝𝕖 𝕗𝕒𝕤𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕡𝕒𝕔𝕖 𝕛𝕦𝕤𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕞𝕠𝕣𝕖 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕤 𝕚𝕟. 𝔻𝕠𝕟𝕥 𝕗𝕠𝕣𝕘𝕖𝕥 𝕥𝕠 𝕧𝕠𝕥𝕖 𝕒𝕟𝕕 𝕔𝕠𝕞𝕞𝕖𝕟𝕥 𝕕𝕠𝕨𝕟 𝕓𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕨!! 🧚🏽‍♀️🧚🏽‍♀️🧚🏽‍♀️