nurse's office

WE MADE IT TO #2 FOR THE CLAY JENSEN TAG! thank you guys so much i honestly never expected this to go anywhere. i'll update more frequently since we have so many new readers.

enjoy and please leave suggestions!!

"Ellie, we should go in," Clay's voice is soft and he squeezes my hand. Tony has already left, leaving us alone in his car.

What if Bryce attacks Clay again, and I pass out again? So much for saving my reputation.

The flow of people steadily increases as the bell rings loudly, jolting me from my paranoid thoughts.

"Ok, but what if I didn't go?" I ask him, channeling my words to sound low and seductive.

"What do you mean?" He's totally innocent, but realization dawns on his face quickly.

"Oh."

I turn my face to his and bite my lip. "Thoughts?"

Clay's face is a roller coaster of emotions as he stares out the window, thinking for a moment before turning back to me.

I'm definitely into him right now, but I know that the reason I'm saying this is because I really don't want to go back to school. I also want to mess with Tony by doing it in his car.

"You're so beautiful," his voice is soothing and calm, his hands moving back up to my hair, "but I have an AP test today, and you haven't been to school in three days."

I sigh and fall back down into his lap begrudgingly, knowing that he was right.

"Fine. But you're coming over after school, my parents aren't going to be home," nudging him suggestively, I avoid looking out the window at the stream of students and turn to face him.

He smiles but his eyes hold a look of worry and a tint of sadness. Surprised, I squeeze his hand and my voice becomes a whisper.

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask worriedly.

Does he not want to come over? Is he tired of me? Maybe I scared him off when I passed out. Fuck.

"It's nothing," Clay says sweetly, moving to kiss my forehead but I jerk away from him.

"No, Clay, tell me what's wrong," panic rises to my throat and my voice sounds much more angry than I intend for it to.

He doesn't take any offense to my tone, smiling sadly as he thinks of a response.

"It's just that, if you were okay with it, I wouldn't mind meeting your parents. We've been going out for long enough, I think. I mean- I've never really had a girlfriend so I don't know the customs, um, is that normal?" He starts to stutter nervously, avoiding my prying eyes.

We've only been going out for a week, and my parents still don't even know that I broke up with Justin yet. I can't tell them we split, they loved him.

What will they think of Clay? He's really smart, but overwhelmingly nerdy. And what will they think of me, moving on from one boy to the next?

His eyebrows furrow in unconcealed anxiety as I stay silent, my thoughts churning in my head.

"I'm fine with meeting your parents. I think we're ready for that. It's just mine are really strict and I'm worried they might put everything together, how I haven't slept in my own house in a week."

I didn't technically lie, but I know that I'm holding the truth back from him.

Forcing my look to soften, I snuggle deeper into his chest while keeping eye contact. Clay's eyes hold mine for a second, and he watches them unfold into a calm reassurance before he smiles.