Chapter 16

Jason was sitting on the edge of one of Gotham's skyscrapers, his feet dangling over the edge when his brothers found him. He viciously wiped his eyes when they walked up to him, sitting down next to him.

"Hey J-"

"What do you want?" He growled.

"We just wanted to talk to you about what happened." Dick spoke calmly, looking over the skyline of the city.

"Well, I don't, so if you don't mind-"

"Jason." Damian whispered his name and Jason couldn't help it, he broke down in sobs.

"What do you want me to say, huh? You know my deepest, darkest secrets thanks to my big ass five year old mouth. You've seen me have night terrors. I still try to kill you, even as a child." Jason chuckled through the tears. "Good to know I can still hold my own as a kid though."

Damian smiled warmly at Jason, reaching over to pull him into a hug. Jason resisted at first but eventually melted into the embrace. He cried into Damian's small shoulder as Damian pulled him away from the ledge and more solidly onto the roof. Once they were securely on the roof, Dick and Tim joined in on the hug, enveloping Jason completely.

Jason sniffled, wiping his eyes. "I can't pull the tough guy act anymore now, huh?"

"Jason, with all you've been through, you're the toughest out of all of us." Tim reassured, pulling out of the embrace. "Come on, let's get you home."

Jason paled, looking at his brothers. "I, uh, kind of told Bruce to go eff himself. Not literally, but you know, sub textually."

Dick chuckled. "He'll understand, trust me. All you have to do is call him dad."

Jason groaned. "Come on, I'm not five anymore." He smirked. "Now I can say that and mean it literally."

"You could always say that and mean it literally. You have been five before." Tim pointed out helpfully. Jason just stuck his tongue out. Tim scrunched up his nose. "You're not as cute when you do that now."

"Shut the eff up, I'm adorable all the time." The brothers laughed as they made their way towards the manor, bantering the whole way.

Once they got to the door, Jason froze. Damian noticed this and slipped his hand into Jason's, squeezing his hand reassuringly. "Hey, everything will be okay." Jason nodded shakily, pushing the door open.

The brothers found Bruce sitting in the library with a drink in his hand, untouched. He looked up, doing a double take when he noticed Jason with the group. Jason waved awkwardly. "Hi."

"Hi, Jason." Bruce drank his whole drink in one go, placing it down on the table in front of him.

Damian nudged Jason and Jason gave a little whine, stepping further into the room. "I, uh, I wanted to apologize to you for my behavior earlier. I didn't mean to sound like a total asshole."

Bruce chuckled. "Its good to have you back Jason."

Jason gave a small half smile. "Its good to be back, dad." Bruce pulled Jason in for a long over due hug, not commenting on the wet spot he now felt on his shoulder. The two of them stayed in the embrace for awhile, until Jason composed himself, stepping back with a smirk. "While it is nice to be back to my proper age, I will miss being able to pull people's hair whenever I want to."

Tim snickered. "I thought you were styling their hair?"

Jason's smirk grew. "Nah, that was my cover. I just wanted to be a little shit without being caught. I mean, it would've ruined my angelic reputation."

"You're such an ass."

"I try."

The family decided to have a night in to celebrate Jason's return, gathering in the living room and popping in a B-list horror movie. Nobody commented on Damian snuggling up to Jason, Jason just wrapping his arm around his little brother.

Jason chuckled halfway through the movie when he heard snores coming from Damian. "The roles have reversed." He yawned, feeling his eyes getting heavy.

Before the end of the movie, he was fast asleep, curled protectively around Damian.

Tim and Dick cooed, snapping pictures. When Bruce gave them a look, Dick just shrugged.

"Black mail purposes."

fin.

Author's Note:

That's it. Baby Hood is officially over.

Thank you all to everyone who has read this book, it means the world to me that people actually read the stuff I put out here on Wattpad.

Please go check out my other books if you are interested.

Again, thank you so much and I hope you have a wonderful day.

-Ang xx