1- I hate neighbours

9th December 1964

2 hours and 43 minutes.

That was the record. Roger had never played for such a long time, not even in summer, when drumming was all he did. He didn't have friends to play with, then, didn't have siblings to look after, it was him and his parents.

He did have a sister once, she lived for four days. Clare. The baby was ill since she was on her mother's belly, but there were hopes that she could live. They worked a surgery and kept her in the incubator, where she was supposed to get better, but short after midnight of her fourth day of life she passed away. Even though Roger wasn't old enough to remember her very well, but he heard her story a few times and looked at her photos, wishing she could be alive with him. At least then he'd have a real friend. For life.

He didn't have friends, at least now, when he's 15. He used to make friends easily until the age of five. That's when kids start to be mean and bad, they were mean to Roger about his hair, his face, telling him he was a girl, but he wasn't. He was a boy, a good boy, and he was proud of what he did, at least at the time. His parents knew about it and managed to get those mean kids to stop. Only for them to start it again when Roger was barely 7. He was smart enough to ignore them, but the effort was too much and he was always exhausted.

Since he got into high school it was worse, once he had a fight with this Ronald guy. Such a bitch. He thought he was the best or something, always in group. That guy had Roger's pity.

Let's say Roger took his time before trusting people. If he ever saw them twice.

He decided to get up from the stool and have a snack before heading to the shower. It was Friday evening, around 6, and he used to shower right before dinner, but he was rather sweaty and his entire body flushed a slight red from its heat. And tired. A shower would only do good.

"Oh, dear. Good to find you" his mother suddenly said. She was coming from the living room "There are these new neighbours here. I think their boy has your age, go meet him, he's in the living room"

"Mum, not now. I really have to take a shower, I look like a disco ball. Shinning at the light. I'm not going to meet him looking like this" he replied. His mother shared a look with him, and out of pity, he gave in "Okay, I'll meet him, but let me take a quick shower first. Or we have no deal"

She smiled "Thank you, you have 10 minutes" she thanked Roger before going back to the living room with the guests.

Roger broke another record as in five minutes he was out of the shower and fighting with his jeans to fit him, he didn't bother on drying himself very well and he was paying the prize. The rough fabric of the tight pants not letting him dress as quickly as he showered.

He finally got to comb his blond hair and tie his sparkly pink converse before heading down to meet the new neighbour. The boy better do a good first impression if he really wants to have contact with him. Roger wouldn't waste his precious time on another one that would just make fun of him in the future.

He politely smiled to the boy when he sees him. He's a year or so older that him, his hair is a cloud of curls and he doesn't really look like a bully. One point for the new neighbour.

He stands up next to Roger's mother "Hi!" he smiled back, leaning to shake his hand. Roger notices his long and slender fingers, his hand was warm even though it was winter "I'm Brian"

He had to swallow a whine when their hands lost contact. What the fuck Roger? "Roger" he smiled back.

Winnifred smiled at the pair, seeing his son get along well with someone was a relief "Okay, I'm going to finish dinner. Brian, dear, when are your parents coming?"