2- Boxes are fun sometimes

Everything was going just fine. Brian's parents were as kind as him and he didn't mention homosexuality once in all the meal, like a normal person would do. The only thing wrong was me, yeah me. I kept looking at him, when I thought no one looked, of course, but still it wasn't nice of me. Turns out there are two ways to hold a fork: the first one like everyone does, and the second one like Brian does. It looked like he barely touched it at all, like it it was floating in the air. He was super gentle with everything, and I noticed he didn't eat meat, probably a vegetarian. It didn't surprise me, though. With his caringness towards everyone and everything, at least for the hour and a half I've been with him. 

"Roger" I jumped slightly. My mum was shaking her hand in front of me "I said how did everything go with Brian" the Mays were gone, the had been for five minutes. Those five minutes were spent in my room, already with my teeth brushed and bed clothes on. I was trying to sleep when a sea of thoughts about Brian invaded my mind and my mum came at my door.

I sat up and tried to brush the drowse off my eyes "About Brian..." I thought of something to say about him. It was funny as I had a lot to say, but something appropriate was different "He was grate, yeah"

She came closer and sat on the side of the bed "He didn't make fun of you, then?" she said softly.

"No, no, no. No he didn't" I shook my head eagerly "Not in a million years"

She raised her brows "You two get along really well, huh?" she smirked. I panicked, did she know how I felt? Fuck, what was she trying to say?

I laughed along nervously "Yeah, if you compare to other people I guess we do"

She rolled her eyes playfully and thank God for me that she changed topic "So..everything okay at school?" I knew what she was talking about. Once the 'ignore Ronald' thing didn't work very well and I got home with a black eye. That was last year, and every since they've asked if anyone else was being mean or if it was a one time thing. I always told them it was a one time thing, that everything was just fine, but I didn't like meeting new people and that was why I didn't have any friends (which was kind of true).  

I nodded "Yeah, everything just fine. This grade is a bit more difficult I guess, but it's how it's supposed to be" I shrugged.

She half smiled "Okay, love. I let you sleep now" she kissed my forehead and got out, closing the door behind her. The gesture only made it more difficult to me not to feel too guilty about the lie, but they had enough problems already for me to bother them any more. They were amazing parents and I wanted to keep it that way.

I tried to sleep again, but the reminder of school reminded me that I wouldn't see him in school. He was taking a Further Education Course in a university. Imperial College, one of the best universities in London, so he had to be very smart, after all, he was studying astrophysics. 

Turns out Brian was a year older than me, a year and a week. He told me his birthday is the 19th, a week before mine. That only made me feel more connected to him, more confident with him. Even though he had a girlfriend, I still had my hopes up, I couldn't help it. I knew that was only going to make it worse for when I'd really understand that he and I would never get together. It was a reality. But at the same time I was scared. I had never felt such an attraction to anyone in this short time, and to me it was scary. I just met him, I didn't know how he was, how he behaved, what he liked and disliked. I didn't know those details that can define a person, and even worse I didn't know anything that could send damn perfect Brian out of his rails of perfection. There wasn't a single mistake that I knew about, and it frustrated me. There had to be something off with him and his curly hair and his height and his cute fangs and his face... ugh!