Chapter eight

Julian

I floated around deep in the water, waiting to hear my Belle get in to the water. Now that the humans had gone, I was much more relaxed. Of course, even though my Belle my human, I still loved and felt comfortable around her. But she would always be the only human with a place in my heart.

Five other mermaids surrounded me as we all sat patiently. They were the only other ones in the tank that knew she was my mate, and I planned to keep it that way. "Dude, relax. She'll come in once shes ready" I nodded at Sebastians reasoning. He had always been my best friend, and never left my side. I knew that I could trust him. Shelby rubbed circles on the back of my hand, trying to calm me down. She had always been like a mother to me, really. even though, in reality she was little Millies' mother. Mille knew too, but I don't think she under stood much.

The last person who knew was Tessa; and it was a mistake me telling her. She instantly suggested killing her, which obviously I  disagreed with. She was my ex girl friend, and I could still tell she wasn't over me and clearly jealous. I  used to think that I loved her, and that I would reject my mate for her... but now I know for sure that it wasn't love; it was lust. And I hated it. The only person I wanted now was my Belle, her and her only.

Just then, I heard a some thing plunge in to the water. Or rather, some one. I swam quickly up to go and find her, and then I saw her. She still had the same out fit on as before, but now had a tank on her back and a small mask covering just her nose and eyes. Not her mouth, I made note of. 

"You look beautiful" I said to her, swimming closer. She just blushed looking down. I smiled at her. She was so cute when she did that. I took her hand in mine, pulling her close to my chest. I was practically a giant to her, floating at seven foot five. My tail was really big, long and strong. But I could tell just from my torso, that even as a human, I would be tall and tower over her.

"Your tails beautiful, you know?" she almost whispered. In the water, there were currents, like there were in the ocean. I could tell it was to make it more home like for us, but it did almost nothing to us. But to Belle, it surely was strong. She clung on to to my arm as if it were her last hope. And I didn't want her to let go. Ever so slowly, I began to spin around with her in my arms, and she just giggled. It was the most beautiful laugh in the world. If I could just get her to laugh once, just once, every time she came to see me... 

I would continue to act as if every thing was fine.

All of us mers wanted to get out of the tank. It was too small to fit us all, and nothing like home. We were treated like animals, humans coming to see us day in day out. It wasn't fair. But its not like we could do any thing any way. We needed to be in water to survive, so we couldn't just walk out. And then it was almost impossible for us to get a message to my mother and father. 

"Julian" Belle started, looking up in to my eyes. I looked down at her, holding her close, firmly against my chest. "Why didn't you swim away from me?" My heart almost broke as I saw the sadness in her eyes. I just wanted to tell her the truth, but I knew that it was still too soon. "Because your special.You different" I told her, running my hand slowly down her cheek fondly.

I thought that this could me the perfect moment. I brung my hand to under her chin, holding her face up slightly. I slowly brung my face down, descending down to her face. Her eyes were wide, as if she feared what was to come... but she did nothing to stop it. So I continued. My lips gently landed on to her small, soft ones. I moved in to a slow kiss. It was perfect; she tasted amazing, just how I had expected her to. Sweet. At first she did nothing. But once she began to react, and I got faster.

Her mouth began to move in sync with mine, her hand grabbing on to my chest.After a few more moments, her lips granted me access to with in her mouth. My tounge instantly darted in, moving around in almost a dance with hers. We continued to go, moaning slightly as we continued, until we were both out of breathe. 

We rested our foreheads against each others, me panting deeply, her trying trying to get oxygen through her nose. I grinned down at her, proud of what I had achieved. She smiled sheepishly, biting her bottom lip. She really was just too cute. "Julian... we probably shouldn't have done that" she muttered seriously, although she couldn't wipe the smile off of her face either. "Oh no, sweet heart" I said, leaning in closely to her ear, breathing down on to her neck. "That was completely the right thing to do" 

Belle giggled, pushing her self off of me. I tried to reach out to pull her back in, but she quickly darted back wards. "My tanks about to run out of oxygen" she said sadly, pointing to the can on her back. I didn't want her to leave yet... we had hardly had any time  together. As she turned around to swim away, I quickly pulled her back in to my chest. She screamed out in fear and surprise. I sighed. I knew that inside, she couldn't stop being afraid of me. After all, I was a a predator. And to me, she should be prey.

I kissed the back of her hair lovingly, before placing her in to my arms bridal style. I swam her up to the top and placed her on the  side. She smiled at me, taking the mask and can off. "I... I-I'l come back to see you in a few days" she mumbled, still blushing. I sighed. "Can't you come sooner?" I demanded, not meaning to come across harsh. But when I saw her flinch, I know thats how I sounded. "Sorry... I gotta go" I watched her skip off down the steps, running bare foot through the. I wanted her to come and see me more.

And I had a plan. 

*****

Words: 1139

Oh my God, I wrote this out a few times and I still don't really like how it turned out. But I hope that you guys did!

Question of the day: What do you think Julians' plan is?

Mia x

ADD. VOTE. COMMENT.