Chapter nine

Annabelle

It was time for my first ever triple date.

I sighed. I did like Danny, a lot, but then I felt guilty. I had just kissed a mer man for crying out loud! I don't even know what I was thinking at the time. My brain  tells me that I should have stopped it from happening, but then my heart tells me that it was the right thing. 

And my stomach tells me thats its time for lunch.

I wore a black and white stripped crop top, with long sleeves down to my wrists. I matched it with a plain black skirt which flowed out to my mid thigh. I wore my black doc martins too, chunky as ever, and a black bowlers hat. I thought that I looked alright, and Lucy told me that I looked cute. She said it was perfect for this kind of date. How ever, she still dresses up in a short pink sparkily dress. Way too glamorous if you ask me, but I didn't comment. I juist said she looked nice too.

When we reached star bucks, the rest of them were already there waiting out side. Danny looked cute in his casual jacket and jeans... but why couldn't I stop thinking about Julian then?

 Julian with his sweet smile.

Julian with his tan skin.

Julian with his loving arms

Julian with-

"Hey Anna"Danny said, grinning wildly. I smiled back, holding on to my hand bag. We all went in to star bucks and got drinks to go. The boys wouldn't tell us what we were doing yet, as they claimed it a 'Surprise' We walked around town for a bit, stopping to get a take away from Five Guys. Five Guys was my absoloute all time fav! Danny didn't really seem to like it though, but he took me any way. The six of us continued to walk around, not really buying or doing much.

But then, eventually, we turned up at the venue of our date.

The aquarium.

I lost the ability to breathe. All sound got stuck in the back of my throat. Why the hell did the date, of all places, have to take place here? I wasn't ready to see him yet! I just hoped I could hold them off from going to see the mers and then pretend to feel sick before we  go in. Yeah. I could easily do that. I took some drama lessons in the first few years of school, I'll be be fine.

As we walked in to reception, too many people were staring at me in awe, and I had no idea why. Odd, I thought. Thats all. They just mustn't have seen me around town too much and just don't know who I am. Then again, it hadn't happened any other time that I was in town. But as we walked around the reception, deciding where we wanted to go, I noticed it;

The mers had finally gotten some pictures.

And would you know it, I was in all four of them. They were the pictures that we took at the photo shoot, just days previous. Only one of them didn't have Julian in it, meaning that every body got a good look at how close me and Julian were. Of course, none of them knew that he could talk, but then again; he was still a really super hot dude. 

Well, a mer dude.

I felt as though I stared at the pictures for a life time. With Julians' dark aura, and my light one, we contrasted each other perfectly. Light vs darkness. And no matter how much I hate to admit, he was hot. Like, super hot. But I couldn't be thinking those thoughts now. I was on a date with some body else for hells' sake.

"Wow" Danny said to me, not taking his eyes off the pictures. "You look as though your in love..." My head whipped around to look at him then. He couldn't tell... right? "Of course, hes' just an animal though. So you obviously couldn't." I just nodded, agreeing with him.Yeah, thats what you think.

Lucy was clearly jealous that I was getting all the attention, and began complaining to Carl. Kim looked at me with awe. "Your staring directly in to his eyes in this one" she stated, pointing to the one where are hands touched. "Its dangerous to look in to a mers eyes! Was he on chains or something? And had long did it take to train him to do these poses?" she asked, her inner nerd showing. I just shrugged, pretending that I didn't know any thing.

When really, I knew every thing. 

Lucy looked at me, wiping tears away from her eyes. "My dad chose... you instead of... me?!" she said, out rage as clear as day light on her face. I didn't know what to say as my lips pulled into a thin line, my top teeth biting my lip. "Lucy, it was just because I had seen them more recently and-" I shut up when I saw David, the photographer, walk up to us.

"Annabelle! I'm so glad you came!" he said raising is arms out and wrapping me up in an awkward hug. "Your uncle John has given me your number. I'm not only a photographer, but an agent. More specifically, your agent" My mouth opened wide  in shock. Why the hell did I need and agent? I wasn't a model! "I'll call you when I've got a job. Keep in touch sweetie" he said, walking off to talk to one of the receptionists. 

Lucy just walked off with Carl, whilst the rest of us headed to the mermaid tank. Maybe it wouldn't be so bad? It's not like I could go up and talk to him. I'd be with my friends, behind the glass. It would all be fine.... but as I walked in, I realised how wrong I had been. 

There floated Julian, along with two other mers, smeared in blood. Human blood. Whilst the corpse slowly sank to the bottom...

I let out a scream.

*****

Words:1004

Oh My GOD!!!!!! Just a little cliffhanger for you guys there ;) I hope you enjoyed it! Add this book to your library to find out what happens next!

Question of the day: Why do you