Chapter 25 Waiting

Jack's POV

I watch as Sarah falls to the ground with a knife protruding from her chest. A horrified cry escaped my throat as I run out from behind the logs not caring if Jane saw me. I fall to my knees as Sarah stairs blankly through me. I feel clear tears falling down my face as her breath ceases. Revenge begins to cloud my sorrow, taking away the pain and replacing it with rage. I look up at Jane who has a sly smile plastered onto her face. Reaching inside the pocket of my hood, I draw my knife. I've never moved so fast before. I make a deep cut across Jane's face causing her to yelp and jump back. She turns to run but before she can take a step, I in one fluid motion slice off most of her arm leaving it dangling and erupting with blood. She let's out a scream of pain but runs into the woods. Normally I'd follow her but now the anger fades and I'm left weak and struggle back to Sarah.

That's how Jeff finds me, Sarah dead in my arms. He looks as if he's about to beat me again, part of me wants him to, this is my fault. "Get up." Jeff demands. I can't move, I can't do anything. "Get up now or I swear I will make you." Jeff's voice holds so much emotion, yet it's empty. I force my shaking legs to bear my wight. "We're going home." Declares Jeff as he gently reach down and lifts Sarah up. The memory of meeting her flashes back. Just like this, Sarah being carried by Jeff as we take her to the house.

"WHAT THE HELL WERE YOU THINKING, YOU CAN BARLY WALK AND YO-" slender's shout is cut off immediately when he sees Jeff enter with Sarah's lifeless body in his arms. Slender hastily takes Sarah from Jeff and begins to take long strides to his office. Me and Jeff run to catch up. "Leave." Slender says flatly as we attempt to follow him in. "Hell no we-"

"If you want Sarah to ever come back go." He's about to slam the door when I block him. "What do you mean 'if we want Sarah to come back' she's immortal.  she has to come back, like Ben" worry laces my voice but I don't care how weak I sound. "GO!" I'm about to argue but Jeff pulls me back from the room and the door slams shut. "Let go of me damn!" Jeff leads me back down the stairs to the couch and finally let's me go. Something was wrong. Why wouldn't Sarah come back? Last time I checked it wasn't really an immortal's choice. Plus Sarah was still new, she should be back way sooner than Ben. I don't see the fuckinh problem.

"Jack, slender told me what's happening." Jeff said hesitantly.

"Tell me now" I needed to know the truth.

"Sarah might not come back because she was never fully immortal." Jeff's words only spark more questions. She has to be immortal, just like the rest of us, she killed and stole her victim's soul. There is no between, you just are or aren't.

"She needed to kill the worth of her human lifespan before she became fully immortal." How the hell is it possible she didn't?! She took out half a fucking town.

"All we can do is wait." They say not to hurt the meager, but God I wanted to stab Jeff.

*250 reads :D and I only posted the last chapter~1/2 hour ago♡*