Thirty

"W-what?!" Yumika nearly dropped her glass of water.

He looked amused by her reaction, and was about to say something when somebody else spoke, "HOOOLD UP!" Might Guy, who was just returning from the bathroom, scrambled back to his table. "D-did I just hear that right?!"

"Hm?" Kakashi didn't pay attention to Guy, concentrating on reading his novel. Yumika sat, lowering her head with both her hands hiding her red face.

"Did you just try to p-propose to her?" Guy stammered once more.

"I just threw an idea onto the counter, nothing much," Kakashi replied, almost innocently. "If she wants to accept, then that's her choice." He comically smiled at the blushing lady.

Guy seemed quite offended, protesting immediately, "That's not how to ask somebody to marry you, idiot!"

"It's not like you've done it before," Kakashi shrugged. "how could you know any better?" 

"Hey! Being youthful also means you have to know a little something about romance!" Guy proudly puffed his chest out, glancing at Yumika. His expression shifted, "Uh..how do we fix her?"

"More water?"

Yumika looked up, her face still pink, and stuttered, "I h-have it..." Guy forced her to chug more water to fix her in her frozen state. "I'm good n-now.."

"Anyways, like I was saying," Guy took Yumika's hand into his. "here's how you do it. Observe" His voice deepened as he caressed her cheek with his other hand. "Yumika, you are very important to me~ The way you laugh makes my heart melt... I think I've fallen in lov--!"

"Not h-helping." she avoided eye contact with both men and stared at her empty plate. 

"Cut the crap, Guy," Kakashi groaned softly. "Go check on our food."

Guy looked like he was going to protest, but reluctantly slugged away, "Fine.."

Kakashi looked back at Yumika, "Oi, what's gotten into you?" 

"N-nothing." 

His ran his fingers up and down the spine of his book, "You know, I wasn't kidding when I said that earlier."

"I..see." she slowly said, still averting his eyes. "So..what happens now?"

"I guess say if you accept it or not," Kakashi shrugged.

"Hmm," she mused, suddenly breaking into a genuine smile. "I think you already know the answer to t-that."

Kakashi returned the gesture, lightly blushing himself, "Cool."

She reached out and locked their hands, just as Guy returned to the table, "Our food is almost rea--WOAH!" His eyes bulged as he stared at the intertwined hands on the table. "What?! What'd I miss this time?!"

"Nothing much," Kakashi let go of Yumika's hand and slipped it back into his pocket.

"We may or may not be engaged right now," Yumika said coolly, winking playfully at Kakashi.

Guy stomped his foot like a child, "Ugh! The things I miss!" He watched the food come in and he slid next to her. "Let's finish this quick; you have to explain this all to me when we get home!"

"Wait..'we'?" Kakashi asked.

"Of course! Besides, you're gonna need me to help plan the wedding!"

"Uh, we just got engaged two minutes ago, Guy..."

~~~

By the time the two reached home, it was around 10 in the morning. Guy backed out at the last minute, realizing his beauty sleep was more important. Kakashi insisted that Yumika take a nap so that she would be refreshed, which she reluctantly agreed to.