[𝖙𝖍𝖗𝖊𝖊]

(Source: Pinterest - ping me if you are/you know the artist behind this art!)

You dashed. But not to the manor sitting atop of the hill in front of you but rather to the direction of the border, to the forest near the wall. You ran as quickly as your lungs capacity would allow you.

I have to see them for one last time

Just the mere thought of it strengthened your resolve and you started to quicken your pace.

You navigated through the forest like how the boys had taught you. Through the thick shrubs covering the huge crack on the wall, the trees sheltering the clearing, and out to the civilisation the capital people trying to shield their eyes from.

But what do these people do wrong?  You fleetingly thought to yourself before you continued to run.

It became brighter as you exited the mouth of the forest, the canopies of the trees no longer hiding the light. You could see the colour blue far ahead in the distance. The sea. It reminded you of the countless stories that Penguin and Shachi often told you. They sounded like something out of the world and acknowledging that filled you with something that you had never felt before. Was it because your friends were soon about to be a part of those?

As you neared your destination, you spotted the pier with a speck of yellow in the distance and a distinct symbol drawn on it, the jolly roger. Looking at it just felt so unreal, how many years had it been? It was as if it had just been yesterday when you first came to see the slums with your father. Never had it even crossed your minds that you would be able to get yourself acquainted with the forest gang-with Penguin and Shachi, with Bepo. With Law.

"Princess is here!" A cheerful voice brought you back out of your thoughts. Recognising the voice as Bepo's, you ran even faster to the partially submerged submarine. The talking bear having noticed you before you did, immediately charged towards your direction. You were startled at this and suddenly braked to a stop, making you slightly lose your balance, but you didn't fall backwards as Bepo reached you in time to catch you and carried you in its fluffy arms.

From afar, Shachi and Penguin had been cheering when they heard the bear exclaim about your arrival. Wolf, the man who sponsored the gang with the submarine, could only chuckle at the cuteness of the beautiful friendship. The ruckus also didn't fail to catch the attention of the solemn one in the group. He looked at the positivity oozing from the pair that was slowly coming in their direction. Looking at your smiling face had put him at ease for a bit and a strange part inside him that got worried about leaving you behind was relieved. He knew he shouldn't be feeling like this. After all, he didn't have particular reasons to be feeling like this; who was he to get worried for you in the first place?

Sure, he had heard about the stories you told him about your mean cousins. But nevertheless, you were literally a princess, you had great parents who took care of and loved you dearly. He had only seen your mom a few times as she rarely went out to the slums – due to something about her health or so from what he had heard. But the only times he did meet her, he knew that part of your loveliness and grace must have come from her.

In the beginning, Law never wanted anything to do with you, so he just ignored the fact that you were there whenever you came around. It went without saying that he used to despise you and your father at first. The both of you were people from the capital who were not any different from the likes of Flevance's royal family bureaucrats who had abandoned the people of his hometown.

He then slowly came to understand that the reason your father went down to this part of Pleasure Town was to make up what the Court failed to do. Even Wolf, the man who had been taking care of him and the rest, had never failed to show his appreciation towards the noble whenever he came around. Penguin, Shachi, and Bepo were also quick to warm towards him. He, on the other hand, traumatised from a particular betrayal that cost Corazon's life, had initially been hesitant at the kind gesture. But what your father had done reminded Law of Corazon and a part in him had wanted to believe in the kindness your father had extended to the people in the slums.