[𝖙𝖜𝖊𝖑𝖛𝖊]

A/N: I have changed a little background about our Aunt, so rather being a cousin. I made her your father's sister. I figured that way it allows me to develop her characters better. Anyway, without further ado.

Before you know it, the sun has gone and the sky has turned dark. You softly grumble at how you are still not done tending the rear garden. Although you don't exactly hate the fact, as it has helped you distract from the male causing you to be in this predicament. Fortunately, you thought of bringing your lantern with you.

As you busy yourself with your chores, you can hear faint sounds of leaves-crunching footsteps approaching you. Feeling a slight déjà vu, you turn around to find the one and only Aunt Anasthasia walking towards you in her nightgown, the fur robe protecting her from the cold air.

"You're still not finished?" She asks you uninterestedly as she takes in your work.

"Apologies, Mistress. But I am only left with watering a few of them and-"

"You are no longer calling me 'Aunt' again, are you?"

You are most definitely not expecting to hear that from her.

"P-pardon me?"

"It's just the two of us here. This is an isolated area, everyone is asleep and the guards are mostly stationed near the front entrance, so...," you kind of get the gist of what she is trying to imply but is it really what you are thinking? Or is this a trick question?

"Ah yes..."

"Dear Aunt." You nonetheless brave yourself. Something in your gut tells you that she is not going to lynch you tonight. Still, you do not dare to look her in the eyes right now.

However, the silence is so deafening that you decide to take a little.. peek. And you find your aunt watching your timid profile with her teary eyes. A frown still graces her facial features, nonetheless.

She immediately blinks them away when your eyes eventually meet hers, walking to a nearby bench to sit down. You, immediately breaking yourself out of a trance, catch up with her and place your handkerchief where she is about to sit on. The act catches your aunt off guard, but she immediately recognises the sensation prickling her mind. It is the same one that she got from your loving father, her gold-hearted brother.

"Ermm... I- haven't properly cleaned the bench, and it was raining hard after the last time I cleaned it so-" you start explaining your abrupt action.

"Thank you," but she quickly cuts it off and gives you a curt smile.

Deep down, you're surprised that you are feeling warm and cosy around your strict aunt right now.

Maybe because deep down, you never hate her?

"Sit down with me for a while. I-... no, let's... talk. Is it okay?"

Everything about this whole thing is so unbelievable to you, and so you decide to dismiss your worries about the way your aunt is acting as of now and decided to go along with it. You nod in reply and sit down next to her.

But nothing comes out from the both of you for a fat minute. You mentally sweat at the realisation, and so you slowly take another peek at the older woman sitting next to you. Her expression is so serene that it feels unreal to admit that you are currently sitting with her in this silence together.

Feeling your stare, your aunt immediately turns to face you, her previous expression turning neutral once again. You wanted to avoid meeting her eyes directly, but you were suddenly reminded of your old etiquette lesson with your very aunt. If your memory serves you right, it sounds something like,