[𝖊𝖑𝖊𝖛𝖊𝖓]

The only way you can describe how Aunt Anasthasia looks right now is that it is very not pretty. Of course, you wouldn't say that right to her face – she would definitely misunderstand it, thinking that you might be referencing her appearance. Your aunt is actually very beautiful for someone at her age. However throughout your life, even from when your parents were still alive, fury has always been etched onto her features. Especially whenever you're around. From the way she has been treating you, especially now that you know better, it is more than evident that she detests your existence. But you can never bring yourself to hate her — the fact that she technically saved your life — and so, you end up chalking her anger off as her merely being strict towards you.
But this time is different. Whatever she is feeling right now, it is beyond what you have experienced so far that you are even at a loss for words to explain it. You have a good idea why though. 

You shakily lower your gaze, so scared of meeting hers at the moment. Christensen catching on to the possible misunderstanding immediately goes to your defence. His arms going around you as if he was expecting you to be subjected to some sort of violent act from the mistress of the house. You could only feel even tenser in his embrace, feeling your aunt's gaze puncturing you even more.
"Whatever Madam is speculating, the Lady is not to be blamed. In fact, it is all my fault," Christensen quickly remarks. His eyes dart towards the staffs that are still around them, not sure how much he should let on about the truth to the situation.

Aunt Anasthasia, her expression unreadable, then turns around to return to her mansion, her maids following suit.
"His Excellency, please allow me to offer you.. my earnest apology. If your schedule permits you, would you mind telling me the situation in my husband's study? I would want to know the full context of the situation as the girl is still a member of our estate after all,"
"Sure. Anything that would ease the minds off of the misunderstanding. I assure Madam that there is really nothing to apologise for," Christensen returns to his composure and removes himself from you, his eyes peering to your lowered ones as he explains.
"I- .. I have to-" he starts whispering but is quickly interrupted by your aunt.
"Please guide His Excellency to my husband's study. Make sure that the twins, especially Hanna, do not hear anything about this matter, and..."

"As for you, do cleanse yourself off of the.. mess that you are right now before attending to your remaining chores," much to your surprise, she calmly instructs you. Although, it is still too early to sigh a relief as who knows what'd happen once Christensen and the Crown Prince leave.
"Right away, Mistress," you softly reply and curtsy towards her leaving figure. One last soft tap on your back signals you that Christensen has left your side to join your aunt. With the sound of footsteps growing distant, you brave yourself to raise your head and meet the rest of the staffs that are still around the entrance. You are not sure how much this is going to affect your relationship with your aunt, but you can tell for sure how this has affected your likability among the staffs. Infamy would be more suitable, you suppose? You have never been likeable among the staffs from the beginning anyway.

Ignoring everyone's growing judgmental stares on you, you take unwavering steps back to your basement to clean and get yourself a change of clothes. Yeah, you can't crumble down so easily like this. Though nothing has unfolded like the way you imagined it, you had always had this scenario at the back of your mind.

Ah, it starts again. 

Even though you are trying so hard to keep your head held high, you feel so small as you feel the stares prickling your back start to grow in numbers. So powerless as they start to weigh your tired heart. It feels just like that day. The day that started this all.

Witch

You can start hearing the whispers. You know they aren't real. They were something from the past, but they ring oh so vividly in your ears. With each time the whispers getting louder, you start to pick up your pace. So does your breath.