[𝖋𝖔𝖚𝖗]

Days normally passed by after the departure of your favourite group and you were still hanging out with the other kids in the forest nonetheless. Something felt missing but you were gradually getting over the fact that you would no longer be able to see those four every time you visited the clearing.

And for a while, it seemed that you were back on track with your life.

Until that particular day.

"Are you going to the cafeteria soon?" your classmate called you, peeking her head into the empty classroom to see if you were still writing on your notebook.

"Just a moment! I'm almost done! Just go ahead without me first!" you replied while vigorously copying the notes from the board to your notebook.

"Okay, I'm saving you a seat. But be quick though, they have scones today!"

"No way!"

"I'm telling you,"

"Okay okay, I'm one page away, just go ahead first. You're actually making me anxious," you threw a quick judging look at your classmate jokingly, before glancing back at the blackboard.

"I'd better see you there in less than five," you shook your head and rolled your eyes at her remarks. Her voice gradually diminishing as she walked away and left you alone in the classroom. You continued to write the last few sentences while mentally reiterating the content in your mind to understand them.

And just as you were done and about to close your notebook, someone approached your desk.

"E-Egret," you heard a male voice. You looked up to see it was the campus prince, Christensen. He coughed to his fist while looking away before proceeding to call you again with your given name.

"Yeah, I hear you. What is it?" You went back to focus on tidying your writing instruments, silently hoping he would not stall you long enough for you to miss today's scones.

"You k-know. It's almost the ball, um so I was wondering-"

"There you are, Fred!" Another voice suddenly boomed from outside the classroom. You might be exaggerating about that, but knowing who that voice belonged to, you were slightly worried for Christensen.

Oh well, it's time for scones.

"Sorry, I have to get hurried to the cafeteria because I have a friend waiting for me and I don't want to keep them for too long," and I don't want to miss today's scones

You hurriedly say as you walked away from Christensen. You hoped that your voice was not muffled by the loud clacking of footsteps that were approaching your desk.

"Hello dear cousin," you mentally sighed as you felt her linking her arm with yours. You knew that the possibility of slipping away from Hanna in this situation was almost non-existent, but you tried nonetheless using some tips given by your mother.

"Hello, Hanna! I see you're looking for Christensen here. I'll be off for lunch so please don't let me hold you up," you sweetly replied her greetings, as you gently removed her arm and held her hands in yours for a moment.

"Have a good day, the two of you," you politely curtsied, glancing at the two of them before taking off. You tried not to overdo with the smile, unlike Hanna did to you. You clearly knew that you had probably irked her with your attempt to remove yourself from the situation that you had never wanted in the first place (she obviously tried her best not to show it in front of her crush). But unbeknownst to you, you had indirectly charmed the male in the room.

However, that didn't matter. That would never matter.

"Ms Egret," you were stopped at your tracks at the call of your name, once again. This time, by your homeroom teacher. You were quite surprised with the state she presented herself, panting and looking worried.