[𝖙𝖊𝖓]

Hansen, though excited, didn't know what was coming. He is honoured to have the Crown Prince visiting him, but he isn't sure what warranted him such honour.

"I mean it, Egret. I'm going to need you. You're going to be my key," the prince started upon hearing the sound of the door to the study being locked by the other male. Being caught surprise is an understatement. Hansen is the type to think that he is always above everyone else, and to hear that validated by none other than the sole descendant of the Crown makes him thrilled inside.

"Your Highness, I am flattered. The Egret-Montgomery family has always pleaded its allegiance to the Central — both the Crown and the Court. We will always be of service to Your Highness even after your enthronement-"
"But that's the thing, Egret. I want more," the royalty interrupted, closing in the distance between the two. "And you're going to help me with that," he finished in a whisper before walking to the nearest seat. Stunned, Hansen can only look at the prince before sitting across him.

"Do you still remember.. about the execution that happened six years ago?"

The noble looks away, trying to be indifferent about the sudden topic. How he wishes that people would stop associating him with your stupid family. Your stupid father was such an embarrassment of a family head, and even after almost six years, the death of your parents seems to plague his own. His mother, while might not look like it, has lost it; locking herself in her room for most of the days. And his pathetic excuse of a father, who always relies on his wife's surname to get his hands on the most superficial things, is a weakling up to this day. Even after the main family line was eliminated, the man couldn't leverage onto that to gain more power for his own family. The name Egret-Montgomery doesn't amount to anything that it is even overshadowed by the dead.

So this is what it is all about...

Trying to mask his annoyance, Hansen quietly replies.
"Yes, Your Highness. How could I not?"
"The public remembers it as the execution of the witch. However, within the Court, it was a different stor-"
"I am aware of the motivation solely being about my... late uncle," Hansen grimly replies. When he realises who he is talking to at the moment, he quickly composes himself and mutters a quick apology.
"I- I apologise, Your Highness, I didn't mean to be rude and all by interrupting you." 

The young prince laughed openly in reply.
"You're sharper than I expected, I feel bad for having underestimated you," he continued after recovering from his laugh.

"You're right. The execution had more to do with the former Duke than the witchcraft allegations. The Court just merely utilised radical religion extremists to do their dirty deed," Hansen tries his best not to roll his eyes to that. Yada yada same ol' revelation he had found out from his socialite circles. Not one gossip goes ignored among the upper-class. And he agrees with the general consensus — the old man deserved it, having tried to bite the hands that provide him and his family. That's not how you lobby.

The Crown Prince smirks for a moment as he further leans back to the comfort of his seat. He then starts again.

"But are you aware that the World Government was involved with this whole ordeal too?"

That catches Hansen's attention, because why would the World Government be in the picture too? He shakes his head, unable to mutter a coherent response.

"The weight of your family name is more than what you think it is, Egret. At least to us, royalties. Your family just happened to reside in a kingdom where the constitution is authorised by some council. And this council downplays the monarch, just because they don't like how some people are more special than the rest. The idea does sound democratic, something my predecessors fancied."