Chapter 5

I was walking back to the code room when I tried to speak to the villagers. "Ga." I said. "Ga." The guy said back. It gave me a burst of energy knowing that Aliyah and I have made an big accomplishment. I got there and noticed everything was rearranged. Rearranged, neatly in piles, to help us easier. Then Aliyah popped up from under the table and scared the crap out me. "The villager answered me back when I said hi." I said. "Yeah. I did that too." She said. "Umm, how'd you get here anyway?" I asked. "It's sorta a sad story. But I'll tell it. I'll have to tell it someday." She said. "I was on a plane to Russia when the pilot had a heart attack. The plane crashed into a sea and everybody I knew died. I was stranded in the ocean for two days. Staying afloat on a broken off chair. A boat saw me and picked me up. I was about to arrive in Brazil where I live when there was a thunder storm. A lightning bolt hit our boat, and again I was the only one who survived. I feel lucky, yet not lucky. I was able to find one not broken row boat to row to shore. I was rowing for a 3 days with no food. Then I saw this island and my hopes went up. Then they went down when the villagers didn't speak English. I was glad the king could speak English and you. But I knew I wouldn't be able to speak to the king all the time. So I was really glad to have you to talk to. Well, I lost everyone that actually cared about me and now I'm stranded on this stupid island, in this stupid code room, for another year." "Yeah I'm with you." I tell her. "So let's get back to the codes." I say. Having two people is easier. I started to figure out the number system. One dot equals one. A line under the dots or under no dots equals five. So we have been really improving. We ended our really successful day by trying to strike a conversation with a villager. "Gooba hemul." I say (My name is Alex.) "Gooba laka." he said back. (My name is lane.) "Ri hes nisd bt dawe?" I ask. (Do you like it here?) "hop, nurt dvlk." he answered. (Yes, very much.) "Food hdsyt." I say. (Good night.) "Food hdsyt." he says back and we both walk back to our houses for the night.