Chapter 8

Aliyah and I know where to go first. The Empire State Building. We get a cab to drive us there. An hour later we arrive at our destination. We try to walk through the front doors but it's too crowded. We waited another hour standing in front of the building. We got through the doors and it was another hour wait inside. We got to the front desk, finally, and asked to go to the floor negative 100. He didn't know what I was talking about. "Oh come on." I say handing him a hundred dollar bill. "Fine." He says. It's right, Dr. Finchevil's lair is below the Empire State Building. He takes us down alone. That's probably a good thing. He drops us off in the dim light of torches, and leaves. A small pathway leads down for about 100 feet then is a two-way. "Which way do we go?" I ask. "Remember the riddle." Aliyah says. Oh yeah the riddle. "Left is first." I say. "Ok." she responds. We head left and it is covered in spiders. It doesn't creep me out a lot but it scared the crap out of Aliyah. We ran down the path and came to a sudden stop when we realized we forgot a part in the riddles. FIRE ON STICK OUT. "We have to go back and put out the torches." I say. "Oh yeah. Run!" She says. We run back through the spiders and back down the path. We put out every torch on the path and carry one with us to see. We run back through the spiders again and stop in our tracks. There's a big furry thing in front if us. We try to sneak around it. We hear it snore so if we can go quietly we might be able to get around it. It's too big. It blocks the whole path. There's no way to get around it.