A War With No Conclusion

(Note: sorry for not updating. I'll try to update more often soon.. And holly shit the reads on this thing!!!! How even?!)

(Brendon's POV)

Another drink and it still didn't go down as smoothly as one would think. I choked, spluttering some alcohol on to the table in front of me. It didn't matter. If Kacy didn't come back then nothing would matter. She would leave, and she would take Adam. Would? She already had. I was alone. I lost the two things that mattered most to me, because when I was younger I was stupid enough to lie to the one I loved. I lied to get the girl, and that lie lost me the girl. What had I been thinking?

"Damn it." The words fell from my lips, burning me to the core. I took a look at the bottle of vodka and rolled my eyes, wondering why it was so easy to turn to alcohol when things hurt so badly. It didn't make you forget, not really. It just made you not care, and even then it only did that if you were lucky. I still cared, and I still remembered. I couldn't see straight, but I sure as hell still felt everything.

The bottle of alcohol didn't make it far as my arm fell on to the counter, the crashing of the alcohol barely reaching my brain. Yeah, because throwing things would really make everything better.

"I'm leaving you."

"No, please don't." I whispered the words out loud to the empty room, knowing Kacy was gone. She couldn't hear me now. She wouldn't listen to me anyway. She wouldn't listen even if I screamed the words. She wouldn't listen if I fell to my knees and begged her. She was gone because of what I'd done and nothing could change that.

My shaking fingers reached out and I grabbed on to the picture sitting upon our kitchen counter. All I could do to keep the tears from spilling out was turn the picture over so that I could no longer see it. I didn't want to see Kacy's smile, matched with my smile, and I definitely didn't want to see Adam's smile. I couldn't bear to see what I'd probably never see again. What would Kacy tell Adam? What excuse would she use for the reason as to why mommy and daddy wouldn't be together anymore? I couldn't bear to hear it, or even think about it.

"Please don't do this to me." I whispered out loud, rocking back and forth in my chair. If it fell and I fell to the floor I wouldn't even care. I would welcome the pain.

Unfortunately I didn't fall.

Instead I just cried, letting the bitter tears fall freely down my cheeks.