Chapter 2: Triggered

I just got back to my bed, coming from class. I usually take a nap but today I have a job shadow for a modeling agency as the photographer. I Lay on my bed, eyeing the jacket that now lays on the edge of my headboard. With a sigh, I stuff it into my purse before getting into the shower, and changing into some casual clothing. When I'm done I grab my bag, a notebook and my car keys. I drive fifteen minutes to the gigantic brown bricked building, and catch the elevator right when it is about to close.

I get off on the eleventh floor and check in, the lady points me to the waiting room and I sit. I scroll on my phone and Tez's Instagram post pops up. I unfollow her and sit my phone down.

"You stalkin' me or sum?" Asia's voice chimed into my thoughts.

Her eyes hold humor as she stands in front of me and I blush.

"No. No. I was here first, so you must be stalking me. " I smile as she lounges on the couch across from me.

"Compelling argument, but see there's one issue with it. " she marks in her notebook, chewing on her tongue for focus.

"Which is?" I ask completely curious to hear her counterclaim.

"I've been working here since last year, so if we look at the technicalities of the whole situation, I'd win hands down."

She doesn't look up from her notebook and I laugh.

"Tough crowd. Tough crowd. " I joke and a small grin creeps up onto her face.

She looks up at me every now and then and I stare at her sideways. Why she keep looking at me. I finally work up the guts to say something else to her.

"Why do you keep looking at me, hmm?" I question.

She doesn't answer. Her mane of hair engulfs her facial structure. It falls over her eyes and she blows air to pop it back out of them. She looks up at me again with her soft eyes stabbing through my skin, I wanted to punch her adorable... Sexy.. Perfect.. Face.

"Jahturi Mulann?" Mrs. Edwards, a woman with short slick hair calls me from the office doorway.

I rise from out of my chair and grab my purse, slowly walking into the office. I sit in a more comfortable chair than the ones in the waiting room, and it is placed perfectly parallel to her desk.

"Good afternoon, I am pleased that after that savage interview, you still chose to work for us." she states. "Not only were my workers unprofessional and unpretentious, they neglected to ensure your comfortability. I truly apologize. I am also enlightened to tell you, they have been demoted and there is always room in the future for a promotion. If... You are up for that. "

My eyes light up and I realize I'm on the edge of my seat. "Of course I would be! It's perfectly fine, I didn't take much of it to heart."

She gives me a copasetic nod and smiles. Her gentle face wrinkles whenever her lips tug upright and it is almost angelic how beautiful she is.

She hands me a booklet with company guidelines a building access card and additional paperwork.

"To be a well respected photographer, you must see one in action." She declares pushing her seat back and standing, she towers above me by at least 3 inches.

She is one of the most known photographers to ever exist alongside man. Sahkenna (Suh-Ken-uh) Edwards, I've followed her work for years. I did a project on her even! If I were to choose to shadow anyone in the world it'd be her. She opens the door for me and motions for Asia to join us. She stands in front of me with a smile.

"This is Asia Reynolds, before you, she was one of the youngest in the company. She's the most controversial and influential photographers on the team. I want you two to become acquainted for the day, since she'll be the one who shadows you. Good luck Miss Mulann." Sahkenna goes back into her office afterwards and Asia stares at me with a huge grin on her face.