Chapter 8: replacement

Asia takes my hand into hers as we stare at the house before us. It's just as I remember it, big and comfortable. She persuaded me to come and talk to them, and I was hesitant, but I want my family back. The front door swings open and Angela steps out waving us inside so we make our way up the stairs and into the home. My picture still hangs above the fireplace and Asia smiles walking towards it. I sit on the edge of the couch, warming my hands up by the fire.

"You were still mad cute when you were younger yo."

Her fingertips caress the edge of the frame as Hannah runs up to me, now an eight year old almost nine this week. 

"Turi!" she tackles me and I smile holding her close. " I MISSDED YOUU STISSY!"

"No I MISSED YOU!" I swing her around and throw her in the air. She giggles as I catch her. To think it's been three years since I've been out of this house,  almost four.

Then not to mention it's almost Asia and I's three year anniversary. I have so many surprises for her,  no way she'll beat me this year. I grab my suitcase and hand Hannah the gift wrapped rectangular box. She rips off the paper excitedly and opens it to see the snow boots she's been begging Angela for. A shriek comes from her tiny figure and she leaps onto me energetically.

"THANK YOU SO MUCH TURI!"

I chuckle a little "Don't just thank me,  Asia helped get them too."

Asia's cheeks turn a bright red as Hannah goes over an hugs her too.

"Thank you Asia as long as Turi loves you,  so do I. "

Hannah runs off with the box of shoes and I start to pick up the scraps of wrapping paper sprawled across the floor. Angela appears in the doorway.

"Jahturi."

"Mom.." I stand looking at her.

"You will sleep in your old room and Asia can sleep in... In.. In T-"

"it's Okay..I know what you mean"

Asia carries our bags upstairs and I point her to Tez's old room. I walk to my room, and push the creaking door open. My room looks like a ghost town. Dust carries themselves in the air and my bed sits still with folded sheets laying on it. The light flickers before turning on and when it does fully come on, its dull. I sigh and sit on my bed, soon it'll be time for this talk.

Flashback
Tez knocks on the door frame shortly after Hannah runs out past her. She looks at me with pleasing eyes and a soft expression.

"May I come in?" she asks

I simply nod, and she makes herself comfortable on my bed. We're quiet for a moment, a little too quiet, so I decide to break the ice.

"So...... What did you need?"

"I wanted to apologize for how I acted last night."

"No I get it, I know it must be hard having someone new in your space."

"Babe you ready?" Asia's voice chimes into my mind and the flashback stops.

I sit up and walk to the dining room where Angela and Jerry are already sitting.  I sit in front of Angela and Asia in front of Jerry. My throat feels sore, like the day I left the asylum.

"What's the meaning of this?" Jerry mumbles.

"Well, knowing one day there may come a time when family other than myself might be needed, I wanted my baby to have hers as well as mine. This feud is actually pretty childish, and it's not even a feud because you guys are the only ones with problems. So please tell me what the issue with her is."