writing children/little kids

i cannot stress enough how annoying it is when authors write little kids "wike dis". its not CUTE!! its annoying!

first off, that might be how like some toddlers talk but once they get past the age of like 3 or four theyre gonna be talking and theyre a lot smarter than yall think

theyre more likely to make lil grammar mistakes than mispronounce anything- for example; "buyed" instead of bought, "eated" instead of ate.

think of their interests!! theyre tiny humans, theyre not just there to be cute in your story or so that theres someone the main character can take care of. little kids interests are wild as shit. if theyre quiet like i was then it might be harder to tell..but little kids are just FUCKING WEIRD ok

like my friends little sister(who is like five or six) loves to pretend shes making youtube videos with her fake barbie laptop. she runs around like crazy and my friend has to tell her not to say the word "penis" because she overheard it once and thought it was funny. she once told us she was going to marry issac from her pre k class because she felt like it.

when i was little i had an imaginary pet named taco bubble. i had a pet rock (named rocko) which was literally a piece of fucking gravel that my grandma kept for me in a labeled pill jar. i was shy and quiet but after u got to know me i invited you to a tea party with stuffed animals and bragged about how loud i burped That One Time. i had like no friends in preschool because i barely spoke but i would scribble my own treasure maps and wander around the yard until i ended up in the sandbox. hell, i legit thought i could have a sandbox at home if i purposefully brought home enough sand in my shoes.

MY POINT IS: if youre going to write little kids, you MUST draw from your own childhood! you gotta remember what its like to be a kid or else the character will be a one-dimensional wannabe "cute" little shit who is just. so. annoying.