1 - Hello sunshine

I frustratedly pull the blanket over my face. Dang it. I knew those blinds I'd bought off E-Bay were a hoax. No sane person would give up blinds that actually worked.

I tuck in my knees, trying not to freeze to death. Why was it so damn cold? I'd turned on the heating last night. Did Mom turn it off or something? Surely it wouldn't be this cold, though. Then again, it does get so cold sometimes that I could see my own breath.

Deciding I'd had enough sleep, I blindly fumble around on my bed for my phone, only to realise it was missing. This woke me up. My phone is my lifeline. Without it, I couldn't watch anime, which is practically a death sentence.

I open my eyes and look around, only now realising that the room I was in now was not the bedroom I was used to.

Instead of the massive drawers and shelves cluttered with stuff I'd meant to clean but never got around to, there was a singular, home made drawer and a desk with a rickety chair that looks as if it'd break if I sat on it.

The dark carpet littered with stuff I'd dumped and little bits of rubbish was a stark contrast to the now oak floors that looked as wonky and misshapen, in other words bent, as my gay friends. :)

The walls in which I'd adorned with my favourite anime character's faces was now bare, creeping me out with the absence of those faces staring at me.

And the bed I was sitting on was sturdy, yes, but hard on the back, seeing as the 'mattress' was extremely worn out and in need for a desperate change. The blanket, if it could be called that, I was now clutching with a tight grip. It was so thin it was like silk - although it was threadbare in some places, and not at all appealing to the eye, so not exactly, but you get the idea.

I thump my head onto my feather-stuffed pillow, no the feather- stuffed pillow. This wasn't my room.

"Toto , we 'aint in Kansas anymore,"

I rub my hands together and blow, weighing my options. Either I was just dreaming- which, with a pinch of my arm, was disproved- or I've been kidnapped. I didn't want to even aknowledge the third option. That I was dead and this was heaven or something crazy like that.

"Rena!" I halt, gulping nervously, hoping I was just imagining things.

"Rena, Spencer! Come down and eat!"

There it was, dragging me out from my thoughts. The first sign of contact with my kidnappers.

Taking a deep breath, I reply, "Okay, be down there in a minute!" Suprisingly, my voice was different, slightly. I dunno, maybe I was just hearing things. I clear my throat.

I don't know who the hell this Rena girl is, but she's probably another kidnapee. I guess we'll have to work together to escape.

I hurriedly look around for a weapon. I didn't want to keep them waiting, but then again I didn't want to go empty handed either. Who knew what they wanted to do to me. A thousand different thoughts came at me, and I shifted uneasily.

I tut after realising there was nothing in my room apart from the casual stuff.

"I guess this'll have to do," I sigh, reaching for a particularly hardback book. There was a familiar pattern on the front, with three circles and smaller circles on the circles, but the writing was in a different language so I couldn't understand it. Anyway, that was not necessary. After all, I just needed to use it as a weapon.

I cautiously open the bedroom door and slowly make my way to the stairs, trying to be careful not to make any loud sounds. Shifting most of my weight onto the banister, I manage to make my way down relatively quietly, apart from around the middle in which I'd stepped on a particularly creaky step.