4 - Holy Statues

I take a step backwards and take it in. It was a statue of a female, holding a horn in her right hand, her left reaching towards the sky. Her body was barely covered by a long scarf that circled down her front and then looped around her back and trailed along her right arm.

I press a hand to it. It was made of firm stone. Trailing a hand to the plaque, I try to make out the words written in the language of this world. It was no use, but it didn't matter. I knew what it probably said, anyway.

'Ymir Fritz our beloved Goddess' or something like that.

This, as many Attack on Titan otakus like me would know, was the Founding Titan. And yeah, it might seem strange for me to visit this place. Especially because I think this whole 'Goddess' thing is a bunch of crap.

But, this is the closest thing I could think of that was almost like the 'God' of this world, even if I secrectly think she's sold her soul to the devil, which is an incredibly stupid decision. I mean, unless the demon was like Sebastian or something, I have no idea why people make such rash choices, sometimes.

A thought struck me. I was stuck here in this world, which mean I, an anime watcher, would never know what happens next in the series, and the secret behind the titans.

Dang it. I would have read those spoilers from those damn manga readers if I knew this'd happen. Now I'll never know what Armin looks like in his titan form.

I shake my head. Now was not the time for regret. That would come later with a bowl of ice cream and tissues. Did they even have ice cream in this world?

As I've said before, now is not the time.

I step behind the statue and take out an object from my pocket. It glinted as I brought it towards the statue. I hesitate, waiting.

Nothing.

Smiling, I sit down. Fine. If that's how they wanna play it.

I begin to carve out my name onto Ymir's leg, It was a bit hard, because the stone is quite strong for a 1000+ year old statue, but do-able, if I dig in deep enough. I start trying out different writing styles. My normal handwriting, then bubble, then calligraphy, then cursive, then italics, then bold.

Not trying to brag, but I personally think the cursive one looks the best.I wipe away the crumbled stone from the many, many attempts I made.

This time, I hear a slight fizzing noise. I strain my ears, but it's gone. That was wierd.

"Now, I wonder what else- " My eyes flash with sudden inspiration. I stand up and try to grab Ymir's shoulders, but fail. It's too tall.

Instead I use the end of her scarf as a stepping stone to grab onto her conch. I swing my legs upwards towards her lowered arm, holding on tight.

I feel like a monkey, hanging upside down like this. I gulp, and with some wierd luck, manage to pull myself upright. Sitting on her arm, I clutch onto her body, panting hard.

Once I found my lost courage, I managed to stand up on her arm, my legs shaky and my arms clutching Ymir with a deathly grip. I looked down at the floor. I was so high up. I began to feel giddy, and a laugh escaped my lips. This was so fun.

I looked up towards Ymir : My head just about reached her shoulders, and I couldn't see any relatively safe ways to get to her head.

But I'm not satisfied. Not yet.

My eyes lock onto a strand of hair. I grab it with both hands and pull it. It seems sturdy enough. I hope.

Not giving myself enough time to think, I jump onto it, and wrap my legs tightly around it. I let out a spurl of curses as I feel myself slip. If I fall, I will, undoubtably die.

Splat. Red everwhere. Brain, skull, muscle, tissue. Everything will splatter on the ground. The polished white tiles will be stained. By me.

I try not to think as I feebly attempt to drag myself up. Thinking leads to worrying, and worrying leads to self doubt and self doubt leads to giving up, and giving up means, well... I think you get the idea.

My arms strain with the weight of my body, and my legs twist around the strand. I did not want to die. Not like this.

I look towards her left arm. It was definitely way too far to jump to, but I had to try. I take out my knife, jump and-

My hand misses, but the knife burrows deep, giving me the chance to swing my arm back around her arm. I manage to rest in the short space on her shoulder between her hair and the slope of her arm.

Panting, I shiver. That could have gone so wrong.

I catch my breath then stand up and climb on top of Ymir's head. Slowly, I stand up, and look at her extended arm. I'd originally planned on high fiving her, but I guess I shouldn't. It was too high up, and I valued my life, although my actions not even a minute prior seemed to suggest otherwise.

I gulp and slowly make my way down, making sure to grab my knife on the way down.

A bad feeling wormed down my throat, nesting at the pit of my stomach. It felt like someone was mocking me, was making fun of me.

My eyes latched onto Ymir's. They were taunting me. Her face was a wide sneer. My fists clenched with outrage. How dare this stupid she-demon act like this!

Provoked, I storm up to the damn woman, and give her a good punch.

This was a mistake.

In my rage-induced state, I didn't take into account that this was a concrete statue and my hand was not built for this kind of thing.

I clutch my bruised knuckle and collapse behind the statue. Ow.

Was I wrong? No, I couldn't be. But why was nothing happening? Dang it. I sit up, staring at Ymir from behind.

How can I do this? Wait-

My eyes narrowed on her butt. It was 'covered 'by the scarf I'd mentioned earlier. But, her legs were slightly apart.

Did they...?

I knew how perverted I was acting, but I just wanted to know. I walk slowly towards her, duck underneath the scarf and I see it.

I honestly didn't know what I was expecting. This was a 3D model of Ymir, of course they'd include this. I blush and look away to my hand, which was, for some odd reason, clutching the knife.

For another odd reason, I was reminded of The Exorcism, a film which severely scarred me as a kid.

An idea sprouted. What if I were to replicate one of the scenes from the movie? Sure it's a bit messed up, but....

Meh, what the heck. It's just a statue.

I turned the knife upside down and stabbed up, when suddenly-

Yay, a cliffhanger! We all love those, do we not?

-  -  -  -  -  -  Characters  -  -  -  -  -  -

Ymir Fritz

Yeah the picture's dissapeared again. You guys can google it yourselves :)