6 - Negotiations

"Ah, I love this part!"

Our squeals grew louder as the scene progressed, with Yato about to confess to Hiyori, but, as it always is with these things, he can't bring himself to do it, and the episode ends.

As the Yato in front of me reached for the remote to play the next episode, I mentally paused. We had literally watched half of season 1 of Noragami. I needed to stop this.

"Hey, I think we should stop ,"

They pouted at me, "Please, one more episode!"

"No. One more episode leads to the next and then the next and then the next. I actually have stuff to do," I say, picturing Nanaba in my head. Who knew if she was alright with that drunkard clinging onto her. I had to go check.

"Don't worry, I'll send you back to the time when you came," The TV and the remote poof away into nothingness.

A sudden thought occured to me, but I brushed it off. It was probably just nothing, "So time doesn't pass here?"

"No. I control the flow of time, so I can make time not flow here," I roll my eyes at this. That was basically what I said - why were they so difficult?

"What even are you? A God or something?"

They silently look at me from across the couch, their sea-blue eyes hiding secrets.

"Okay, well why am I here? I'm pretty sure I deserve to know this,"

Nothing.

My eyebrow twitches with anger. "Are you serious? You brought me here without anything- no warning, no advice, and now I've gone out of my way to meet with you, you don't even give me an explanation?"

They sigh, rubbing a hand over their face. "I don't really want to do this now. You're not ready for this,"

I scoff at this, "Of all the Gods I've ever heard of, you're the most unbelievable," I throw my blanket onto the floor and edge closer to them.

"What are you doing?" The stare blankly at me.

"Last chance. Spill the damn beans,"

They raise an eyebrow at me, as if to say, 'Excuse me, but who are you?'

I chuckle, then pounce.

At first, they didn't react, just stayed sitting there staring at me. But then my actions registered in their mind and they tried to escape, but it was too late.

We'd both fallen on the floor: their head stuck between the crease of my right arm, my left arm pushing against the back of their neck.

Thank Super Junior and that random guy for teaching me this. Always knew it'd eventually come in handy.

They tapped my arms, screaming in pain, so I loosened my arms a bit.

"I can't tell you, I'm not allowed to!"

I tightened my grip, causing them to start writhing around, making a screeching noise, before they unwillingly admit defeat.

"So?"

Rubbing their sore neck, they glared up at me, resting unbothered on the couch, a slight smile on my lips.

"Look, just tell me, or I'll do that again,"

"Okay, okay," They sigh, once again rubbing a hand over their face. "Out of all the humans I've ever seen you're the most persistent,"

"You're going to rub your face off if you keep doing that,"