7 - Not So Late Night Arrival

The wooden door swung open and a figure stepped through into the house. They fumbled around, their vision limited by the darkness that resided in the house. A cry could be heard as they hit the edge of their foot on a table in the hallway.

Limping, they made their way into the kitchen and started fumbling around, looking for a candle. A box of matches was found instead; the candles, for some odd reason, were missing.

Strike!

Strike!

The matches kept sizzling out, to the annoyance of the shadowed figure. Finally, they successfully managed to get one lit. Protecting the lit match with one hand, they turned around, face to face with another figure.

The match dropped on the floor, accompanied by a short yelp from the original figure. They took a step back, their eyes squinted as they tried to distinguish who was standing with them in the dark.

"Why are you so late?"

Their face softened with relief as they realised that instead of the mad psycopath they'd originally thought was stalking them, I was, indeed, only her cute, harmless, little sister.

"I said, why are you so late?" Pouting, I cross my arms, and glance at the clock, just barely able to make out the time, " It's twelve fourty in the morning-"

"Actually it's eight in the evening,"

" Urm, yeah, well..." I try to cover up my embarassement, but fail miserably " What if something happened to you?"

"Now, who would want to do that?" A certain slimy man entered my mind, and my face contourted with disgust. Who knew what he would do to my precious Nanaba? "What's with that face?" she laughed ,"Come on, let's get you into bed- it's way past your bedtime,"

Nanaba escorts me to my room, all the while being lectured by me about the dangers of the outside world.

"You're acting very weird," I freeze, one hand on my bedroom door, as I turn to face Nanaba.

"What do you mean?" I swallow. Surely she wouldn't know. Surely. She couldn't. It's impossible. I've only been here for a day.

"I mean you were the one who insisted I go out and now you're mad at me for going out,"

I deflated with relief. I'm not going to lie, it is a tad bit nice playing the role of Nanaba's sister, but the main reason why I do not want to break her reality is how that would affect her perception of me. I mean, if I had a sister who wasn't actually my sister, I'd be freaked out. 

And to think of Nanaba thinking that way towards me just makes me sick. I only want the best for her. The best for this world. And causing the characters to have mental breakdowns and to question everything they thought they knew is not the way to go.

"I think I'm going to have to talk to mom about sending you to the mental asylum after all,"

"Honestly," I roll my eyes. This again? Was there something I was missing? Why was this family so obsessed with mental asylums?

"You know you love me," A wide grin was on her face as she leaned down and gave me a big hug. I breathed in her fruity scent, trying to absorb as much of it as possible.

"Yeah," I close my eyes. I could be killed right now and I probably wouldn't even mind. Actually no, wait, that's a lie. I would mind. Very much in fact. Death is very painful. Well, I assume it is, I actually haven't died yet and I hope I don't experience it until I'm ready. Anyway, the point is I was very, very happy.

We remained in that blissful moment for another sweet second before Nanaba retracted from the hug and gave me a peck on my cheek.

"Goodnight,"

"Goodnight," She walked off to her room, which was further down the hall, and I entered my room. I lay down in my rigid bed, twisting and turning ever so often to get comfortable. My cheeks blazed as I thought about our encounter again and again, and I couldn't hide the big smile that appeared on my face.

_   -   _   -   _   -   _   -   _

ik im very late.

but in my defence i'm kinda bored with all the latest anime. I dunno, I've been reading revenge manga recently and they're amazing. Anime isn't very much like that. I mean there are some like Th Rising of the Shield Hero and The Promised Neverland and Attack on Titan that are GUD, btu I just really haven't  seen much content so I'm just waiting for their new seasons.

anyway il try not to be a douche with te next update

but i will porbably end up updating a year later or smthign

bye :)

oh ps, did you guys see the new Death Note One shot? That was fucking Good. And the new Black Butler Chapters? *smacks lips * beautiful