Chapter 1

Chelsea's bedroom blinds began to rise, letting the sun and the view of the lake enter her view. Chelsea looked around her room, the light nude, pink colour through her room was so refreshing. Her fireplace was lit in the other end of the room, keeping her large room warm. There was a small couch facing the big open windows that viewed the lake. Chelsea liked sitting there in the summer when the warm sun would be on the glass and she could sit and draw. Chelsea found the remote for the fireplace on the banister above it, and pressed off.

Chelsea moved to the en-suite in her bedroom and ran a warm shower, she put on a light pink cropped hoodie sweater, a pair of black jeans and white air force ones. She tied her blonde hair in a messy pony tail and hurried downstairs. After a quick apple for breakfast Chelsea hurriedly ran up the stairs and brushed her teeth before running out the door.
"Well don't you look cute" Cole her older brother called.
Cole was the typical jock, he had big shoulders and big arms followed by a big ego. The only way to get on Cole's bad side is to try anything on his little sister. Cole shared the same light features as Chelsea. Blonde hair, blue eyes.
"That jumpers a little short isn't it?" Cole asked.
"Will you stop!" she rolled her eyes.
"Fine" he said putting his hands in the air in defense. Cole unlocked his red Dodge Viper. Chelsea loved her big brother but at 18 she hadn't even kissed a boy but that wasn't much of a secret to anyone in school. But something nobody knew about was the crush she had on her brother's best friend.
"Cole, I want to have fun this year, like every other high school girl" she started.
"I'm going to go to parties without you and make some regrettable decisions, but I need you to stay out of it!" she commanded.
"Let me think about it" he started.
"No" he finished turning the music up on the stereo. Chelsea rolled her eyes.

Cole pulled into the parking lot, he reverse parked the Viper right beside his bestfriends. Gray was leaned against his Matte black Dodge Viper.
"Look at that the man can reverse park, thanks for showing everyone" Gray rolled his eyes. Grayson McCoy was the typical popular kid. He was rich, hot and athletic. He even had a few brain cells in his head. Gray had all the dark features that never looked so good on someone before. He had dark brown hair that was always styled perfectly, with dark hazel eyes.
"Chelsea" Gray nodded to her when she stepped out of the car.
"Grayson" Chelsea nodded back mimicking the way he spoke to her. Grayson stepped closer to her until he was close enough to look straight down at her.
"Do we have a problem McFarlane" he asked. There was no emotion on his face, but his eyes were so intriguing.
"No we're good" she rolled her eyes at him bitting her bottom lip while she did this. He gazed down at her bottom lip but said nothing.

"I'm going to head in and find the Keisha, catch ya later gator!" Chelsea called to the boys. Her heart was racing after her interaction with Gray but she couldn't tell anybody. Her best friend was completely in love with Cole and if he looked at her she would spill everything. The halls were buzzing with what people did during their summer break. Chelsea hurried through the hall trying to spot her best friend.

Chelsea spotted dark frizzy hair down the hall, followed by a loud laugh.
"I only made out with him once!" she giggled when I got closer.
"Only once? I'm disappointed in you" Chelsea frowned followed by a giggle and a big hug she sent her way.
Keisha McKenzie turned to face her best friend. She squealed and wrapped her arms around her.
"How was Europe!" she exclaimed.
"The usual, I spent the whole summer with Gray and Cole" Chelsea rolled her eyes.
"Yeah that seems like a drag" she mumbled as she looked over Chelsea's shoulder. You know those slow motion walks in movies, that are cringe as hell, it was like Chelsea was living through one. Cole was in the middle with some cheerleader on one side of him, Gray on the other with another cheerleader on his side and their bestfriend Danni who was a bit of an idiot but everyone really liked him, who also had a cheerleader on his arm.
"Why didn't you tell me Cole was hooking up with a cheerleader!" Keisha exclaimed.
"I didn't even know" Chelsea mumbled still looking at Gray's back.
"If your brother is distracted by cheerleaders all year, does that mean we can break a few rules and a few hearts?" Keisha asked with a wink.
"I doubt it" Chelsea sighed.

"Did you even see your parents when you went to Europe?" Keisha asked.
"Barely, my mum was in the middle of getting ready for fashion week with the label and my dad's company is expanding in Dubai" Chelsea explained.
"So you spent 3 months with your hot brother and his hot friend in hotel rooms all over Europe?" Keisha asked. Chelsea rolled her eyes and began walking to her locker.
"I'm sorry your brother makes my mouth water" Keisha whispered.
"I am done with this conversation" Chelsea rolled her eyes.
Chelsea dragged her bestfriend into the bathroom.
"Look K, if you're into my brother that's cool, I love you but I don't want to hear that" Chelsea gagged shaking her head. Keisha nodded with her statement when the stall door opens. The blonde cheerleader on Cole's arm steps out of the bathroom stall.
"It sucks that you'll never get him, K" she mimickes the nickname.
"My brother doesn't even know your name, whereas he helped me bake Keisha's birthday cake last year so back the hell off" Chelsea warned her. The cheerleader backed off and moved past Chelsea to wash her hands.

The girls moved to homeroom, where their teacher began to hand out class schedules.
"What'd you get?" Chelsea asked Keisha who was handed her sheet first.
"English, Algebra, world history and bio" Keisha whispered to her.
Chelsea was handed her sheet and scanned down the list.
"We have history together" she smiled at her bestfriend who high fived her.
"Everyone is expected to receive their textbooks from the library in the next free period they have" the teacher called.
"When's your next free?" Keisha asked.
"Next" Chelsea whispered back. Keisha frowned and that was the only response Chelsea needed.

The class was dismissed at the next bell and Keisha went off to her first lesson while Chelsea was off to the library. Chelsea was the first person in the deserted space.
"Ah Chelsea" Ms McGuire called. She stood at a long table filled with different textbooks. Ms McGuire was an all round teacher, she was the librarian, Spanish teacher and worked in administration in her frees. Her clothes showed she wasn't paid enough for everything she did.
"Hi Ms McGuire" she smiled.
"Let me guess the first student to receive their textbooks" Ms McGuire smiled. Chelsea responded with a soft smile. Her brother would never let this go if he saw her right now.
"Show me your list dear" the older lady told her. Chelsea handed her the sheet and Ms McGuire formed a small pile on the corner with Chelsea's books.
"And you have been marked off" Ms McGuire called.
"Thank you" Chelsea called. Chelsea turned to walk out of the door and ran straight into someone.
"Sorry" Chelsea sighed bending down to pick up her books.
"The day has barely started and you're already frazzled" someone said. Chelsea recognised that voice, she could never forget that voice. She looked up to look straight at Gray.
"Yeah something like that" Chelsea sighed. He picked up her last book that was sprawled out on the floor and handed it to her.
"Thanks" she forced a smile.
"I'll walk you to your locker" Gray told her after receiving his books.
"You have advanced Calculus?" Chelsea asked with a raised eyebrow noting the book.
"Surprised?" he asked.
"You're friends with my brother so completely" she nodded. After placing their books in their lockers, Gray headed straight back to her before taking her arm and walking straight out of the school doors.
"What are you doing?" she asked.
"We both have a free and I'm starving, so we're getting breakfast" he said without waiting a response.
"Cole will kill you" I told him.
"Cole will be fine, come on" he said opening his car.